Update..Pic of Sarlacc Run at bottom of stairs!!

Thanks! :$

It was $130 at Wal-Mart. I chose a blanket the size I wanted. I hope its rugged enough to handle some wear over the years....time will tell. You can just upload and configure the pic online at the photo lab..then u just pick it up and pay when it's ready.

Jason

Thanks again guys!! I debated having a motion sensor with burb sound effect..but that would be a little too much I think.

Yeah my wife have the control over the whole house...I get the basement. Works for me. :) I can't wait for my litte guy to get older and toss action figures in it!

i have to admit, when i first saw this thread, i didnt think this would look good at all...but man...i LOVE that! its awesome!! makes me wish i had some stairs!

I can safely say...

Coolest rug EVER!

WOW!

People going down those stairs for the first time are going to freak! (Well the SW fans anyway.)

I didnt even know this kind of thing existed! Dear God the possibilities!!!:love

That is a great effect. It looks like your stairs just dump right into the Sarlacc pit!

Excellent!

If you still remember the carpet underneath, an old trick would be to cut out the stained area, take it into the room and lay it over a piece of carpet under your seating area, cut out a patch the same size and swap them (replace the seating to hide it.)
Whenever I had to do this in the past, it was usually the closet that got to donate carpet. Make sure the knap is the same direction on both.
The other things is, have you considered just painting the carpet to look like the Sarlacc, now that you have a good scale and reference?

Great idea, I love the way it turned out!!

Thanks again guys!! Soo nice to have people who get it (wife just tolerates).

Vaderman,

The stains actually mostly came out..and the carpet does look ok in the end. If it looked the way it does now..I would have never come up with my Sarlacc pit idea...so maybe it was worth it in a way. ;)

I don't think I'd try to paint the carpet. I have a habit of wrecking things with good intentions.

Wow...this is a blast from the past!

Long story short..my wife left me two years ago..I lost my home theater and had to sell most of my Star Wars themed collection..so in my little townhouse that I live in now has no real place for it so it's safe and sound in my closet.

I suppose my boys may enjoy it as we are watching the Star Wars movies together now.

I forgot I had it to be honest...but its in great shape in my closet. :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back