Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

I've finally finished my Uncharted I journal and I've sketched a couple of things someone may find useful. Two are from Elena's journal and the other is a map based on what I've been able to find from the online game. They are not exact replicas because two had very poor resolution (and a partial occlusion) and the other simply did not exist, but at least they have better resolution that the caps we had thus far.

Attachments

• 20210204_195257.jpg
    20210204_195257.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 76
  • 20210204_195226.jpg
    20210204_195226.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 70
  • 20210204_195321.jpg
    20210204_195321.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 73
I've finally finished my Uncharted I journal and I've sketched a couple of things someone may find useful. Two are from Elena's journal and the other is a map based on what I've been able to find from the online game. They are not exact replicas because two had very poor resolution (and a partial occlusion) and the other simply did not exist, but at least they have better resolution that the caps we had thus far.
I've uploaded the full journal to Youtube in case anyone is interested, but please, keep in mind that it's not a replica, i.e. the sketchbook itself is a Ryman and many of the pages are my own fill-ins (all original pages, maps, etc are in there, though):

I've uploaded the full journal to Youtube in case anyone is interested, but please, keep in mind that it's not a replica, i.e. the sketchbook itself is a Ryman and many of the pages are my own fill-ins (all original pages, maps, etc are in there, though):

Some beautiful artwork in there! Nice work :)

El Dorado
Orígenes de Perú a bordó del Stefani Esperanza.
La estatua aparece ser hecha a mano de oro sólido, y ser embutida con muchas diversas piedras semipreciosas y preciosas.
Estas incluyeron turquesas, esmeraldas, rubíes, y las zafiras.
La estatua tiene un aspecto terrible, y ser (unreadable word) representa uno de los diablos adorados por los naturales.

Waiting for your corrections.
Hey mate I’m new, this is what i got

El dorado
Traído a bordo de el galeón esperanza

La estatua parece ser hecha a mano de oro sólido, y ser incrustada con diversas piedras semipreciosas, estas incluyen turquesas, esmeraldas, rubíes y unos zafiros
La estatua tiene un aspecto temible y sin duda representa uno de los diablos (adorados?) por los naturales

I have also been working on the El Dorado Document but there is text below the drawing that has been missed by most that was only pointed out once, when DavyVo First posted the first text and screenshots.

Los [Something starting with capital F, possibly to do with the Spanish] [han llevado?] la estatua
[de la cámara?] acorazada.

The word that can barely be made out starts with an F, and the last three letters of the word are, les or des ( but it looks more like, les)
And I can't figure out what it says, is there anyone who can possible help figure it out? It is also difficult since I don't speak Spanish.

Attachments

• UNCHARTED DRAKE'S FORTUNE Gameplay Walkthrough Part 1 FULL GAME [4K 60FPS PS4 PRO] - No Commen...png
    UNCHARTED DRAKE'S FORTUNE Gameplay Walkthrough Part 1 FULL GAME [4K 60FPS PS4 PRO] - No Commen...png
    6.3 MB · Views: 30
  • UNCHARTED DRAKE'S FORTUNE Gameplay Walkthrough Part 1 FULL GAME [4K 60FPS PS4 PRO] - No Commen...png
    UNCHARTED DRAKE'S FORTUNE Gameplay Walkthrough Part 1 FULL GAME [4K 60FPS PS4 PRO] - No Commen...png
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
I have also been working on the El Dorado Document but there is text below the drawing that has been missed by most that was only pointed out once, when DavyVo First posted the first text and screenshots.

Los [Something starting with capital F, possibly to do with the Spanish] [han llevado?] la estatua

The word that can barely be made out starts with an F, and the last three letters of the word are, les or des ( but it looks more like, les)
And I can't figure out what it says, is there anyone who can possible help figure it out? It is also difficult since I don't speak Spanish.
Could it possibly be a capital I and the word Ingleses (The English)?

Could it possibly be a capital I and the word Ingleses (The English)?

That's a tough one. I doubt it says the English because that doesn't follow the story. It was the Spanish who took the sarcophagus to the chamber where Nate finds it. The Spanish used in those props probably wasn't written by a native speaker either and previous pages contain grammatical errors, so we can't even assume the word is something that necessarily makes sense, making it even harder to figure out.

The rest of the sentence does make a lot of sense as you currently have it though. I wouldn't have been able to guess "acorazada" myself, but that's very likely what it says.

That's a tough one. I doubt it says the English because that doesn't follow the story. It was the Spanish who took the sarcophagus to the chamber where Nate finds it. The Spanish used in those props probably wasn't written by a native speaker either and previous pages contain grammatical errors, so we can't even assume the word is something that necessarily makes sense, making it even harder to figure out.

The rest of the sentence does make a lot of sense as you currently have it though. I wouldn't have been able to guess "acorazada" myself, but that's very likely what it says.
I agree that it wouldn’t make sense to say the English for story purposes. and the Spanish throughout the prop is definitely rough. But I know for sure it does start with an F and looks like it ends with les, because I have downloaded the font that was used, and I’ve been trying to piece it together. I have added some pictures for side by side

Here is the font that is used Font Family Page

And thank you for the feedback!

Attachments

• IMG-9431.jpg
    IMG-9431.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Uncharted 1 - 60FPS All Cutscenes Movie 1080p (PS4) - Nathan Drake Collection 52-58 screenshot.png
    Uncharted 1 - 60FPS All Cutscenes Movie 1080p (PS4) - Nathan Drake Collection 52-58 screenshot.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 35
  • Uncharted 1 - 60FPS All Cutscenes Movie 1080p (PS4) - Nathan Drake Collection 52-58 screenshot...png
    Uncharted 1 - 60FPS All Cutscenes Movie 1080p (PS4) - Nathan Drake Collection 52-58 screenshot...png
    88.3 KB · Views: 36
I agree that it wouldn’t make sense to say the English for story purposes. and the Spanish throughout the prop is definitely rough. But I know for sure it does start with an F and looks like it ends with les, because I have downloaded the font that was used, and I’ve been trying to piece it together. I have added some pictures for side by side

Here is the font that is used Font Family Page

And thank you for the feedback!

It could be "Frailes", as in friars or monks, perhaps referring to Catholic priests that accompanied the Spanish in their galleons, or maybe referring to Inca priests that hid El Dorado to prevent the infection from spreading—although that would be a strange use of the world "fraile", when referring to natives it'd be more natural to say something like "sacerdote".

"Los Frailes han llevado la estatua a la cámara acorazada."

"The priests have taken the statue to the vault."

But I can't say for sure, because:

- I don't see why they would use the capital F for that word. Then again I think there were other strange uses of capitalization in previous texts.
- Looking at the font sample you gave, the letter "i" seems rather tall and that would not match the blurred picture. Why is that so tall, though? It looks like a capital "i" while all the others are lowercase.
- I don't remember the story well enough. I know it wasn't Francis Drake or the English because those arrived later, but was there any confirmation about who exactly put the sarcophagus where it is? Also, wasn't the document part of a cargo list from a ship or something?

Last edited:
I mean... if we want to make it read like 16th century Spanish, then it'd have to be completely rewritten. It looks like whoever wrote these things was trying to make it look like regular Spanish. Good enough for the amount of screen-time the documents get, so you may catch a word or two here and there and that's it.

I don't think a 16th century person would write "han llevado", the style was far more flamboyant.

Frailes could make sense from a story point of view, as Jesuits and Franciscans went to America from the very beginning and were usually better learnt than the soldiers (i.e. they'd probably notice first the effect of the idol on people). I'm not sure acorazada was already a word in XVI C spanish lenguage, though, but I agree with Liberance, most lenguage does not fit the time

It could be "Frailes", as in friars or monks, perhaps referring to Catholic priests that accompanied the Spanish in their galleons, or maybe referring to Inca priests that hid El Dorado to prevent the infection from spreading—although that would be a strange use of the world "fraile", when referring to natives it'd be more natural to say something like "sacerdote".

"Los Frailes han llevado la estatua a la cámara acorazada."

"The priests have taken the statue to the vault."

But I can't say for sure, because:

- I don't see why they would use the capital F for that word. Then again I think there were other strange uses of capitalization in previous texts.
- Looking at the font sample you gave, the letter "i" seems rather tall and that would not match the blurred picture. Why is that so tall, though? It looks like a capital "i" while all the others are lowercase.
- I don't remember the story well enough. I know it wasn't Francis Drake or the English because those arrived later, but was there any confirmation about who exactly put the sarcophagus where it is? Also, wasn't the document part of a cargo list from a ship or something?
"Frailes" Definitely looks right! From the look and from a story perspective, since they did say the statue looks like a demon in part of the text. It would make sense if the priests were to move it.

Why I think it might be capitalized I’d because maybe there was confusion like how God is always usually capitalized maybe they thought Priest should be as well? or possibly just a mess up, and I think the “i” isn’t to tall from looking at the other text In some pictures you can see ( , ) and others they can’t be seen. I think we just might not be able to see the top of the “i”

Thank you all so much for the help so quickly! I will be posting later the completed HD text for anyone wanting to make there own

Attachments

• IMG-9438.jpg
    IMG-9438.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 25
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
This is from what I can tell is the full game accurate text. Keep in mind if you don’t know already, that parts of it are written very odd because the original writer must’ve not have been a fluent Spanish speaker.

I am NOT the person who figured all this out! Thanks to the many members on this thread
for figuring it out. I am only putting it all in one place, and writing it all out!

Along with a picture of the text in it’s original font! I hope this helps anyone wanting to re-create their own.

The Font used: Font Family Page

El Dorado

Traído de Perú a bordo
del Galeón Esperanza

La estatua aparece
ser hecha a mano de
oro sólido, y ser
embutida con muchas
diversas piedras
semipreciosas y
preciosas.
Estas incluyeron
turquesa, esmeraldas,
rubíes, y los zafiros.
La estatua tiene un
aspecto temible, y
sin duda representa
a uno de los diablos
adorados par
los naturales.

Los Frailes han llevado la estatua
a la cámara acorazada

Attachments

• El Dorado Text .JPG
    El Dorado Text .JPG
    571.9 KB · Views: 34
    6.3 MB · Views: 29
Please keep in mind that I did a corrected version of the text earlier in the thread in case anybody wants the Spanish to read more natural:

El Dorado
Traído de Perú a bordo del Galeón Esperanza

La estatua parece estar hecha a mano y ser de oro sólido, adornada con muchas y diversas piedras preciosas y semipreciosas.
Estas incluyen turquesas, esmeraldas, rubíes y zafiros.
La estatua tiene un aspecto temible, y sin duda representa uno de los diablos adorados por los nativos.

It's not what they wrote, but definitely what they intended to write.

Absolutely phenomenal work here everyone, as a massive Uncharted fan who never really gets to discuss this series in detail because I haven't been able to find a place that passionate about the series to discuss it this in depth and look at the finer details, so finding this place and catching up on everything was truly a pleasure.

I am actually working on a project myself for my website. I don't create items or have any talent with crafting like you all but I do research series' I enjoy and like to archive their lore so it doesn't get lost to time. Seen some fantastic things posted here but one in particular regarding an article I have been working on for some years now is the Drake's Trail ARG. I have already managed to acquire most of the materials but I was missing the Elena Fisher Undiscovered website which Division6 posted here. So glad to see somebody had archived it. I have even been in touch with the developers of the ARG and he is helping me recover and salavge what we can. Basically I am rebuilding the ARG in a text based format with visuals assistance, you won't be able to play the ARG but you will be able to see the whole thing laid out in chronological order once again in an article based format. The only thing I am now unable to locate is Sullivan's podcast from the Sullivan's Stories website. If anybody managed to save that and can share it with me, I would be so grateful.

Already I will be crediting Division 6 for sharing the link to the Undiscovered website if that is ok? Also if I do use anymore assets from this forum that you may have uploaded is that ok with anyone who has shared them? I will of course mention this forum/thread and the contributor. Linking any social media accounts you prefer in the process.

Anyway that is all for now, again amazing work everyone and look forward to what else is discovered here in the future.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back