Uncharted 3 Nathan Drake WIP

KyleStyle26

Hey guys, this is my first post here at The RPF. I stumbled across these boards a few weeks ago whilst doing some research for my Nathan Drake cosplay. I saw some great posts about his outfit & specific items such as the bandolier/shoulder holster, so I'd figured I'd join up.Anyway, I'd like to share with you my attempt at a Nathan Drake cosplay from Uncharted 3. It's not currently finished yet as it is still in the WIP stages, I'm only missing the watch & cuff now. I have a few photos below with a description & various questions about the outfit, that hopefully you guys and girls could help me out with. Please note, I'm not trying to be 100% accurate for this, since I look nothing like Nate & his costume is quite difficult to replicate unless it's custom made; so this'll be a close-enough cosplay.Thanks and enjoy! I'll post my final costume once I have acquired all of the pieces. IMG_2132 - Copy.JPGThe shirt is actually a white long sleeve Henley, which is the same style as what Nate wears in the games. I previously owned the Shemagh/Keffiyeh, although I couldn't find a white & blue one online, so I'm sticking with this one here. The bullet belt/bandolier is just a cheap toy prop that I bought from a costume store a few years ago. It really comes in handy, although I would love to get a proper bandolier someday to complete the cosplay.IMG_2177 - Copy.jpgAn update of the costume with the ring, belt buckle & test 'shoulder holster'. The ring is a bull-type ring that I bought from eBay along with the necklace, which is close enough for me since nobody is going to really notice it. I also bought the Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition belt buckle from eBay.IMG_2180 - Copy.jpgAs you can see, the 'shoulder holster' is really just two leather belts that I put on around my shoulders in the 'figure 8' loop. However, my problem is that the belts are still too long for my shoulders, thus they slip off easily. My dad had the idea of drilling a hole in the belts at the point where they meet & putting a stud or something in the hole to hold them together. However, they're still going to slip off my shoulders. So I'm wondering what you guys think would be the best solution for that problem? I really don't want to go out & buy a shoulder holster (plus I don't really know of anywhere that sell any). I was thinking as an alternative, I could just buy a khaki camping backpack since I'll be going to a convention this weekend & will most likely be buying some items, plus it'll suit the rest of the costume.IMG_2191 - Copy.jpgFor the bullet belt, I found that the bullets are actually quite loose sitting in their plastic clips & tend to fall out which would be a disaster walking around with it out at the con all day. I had an idea of using super glue to glue each bullet into its plastic clip, which would hopefully stop them from falling through. Would you guys approve of this solution, or recommend me trying something else? Once again, I'm unsure of where to buy a proper bandolier like the one Nate wears, plus I don't exactly want to spend the money.IMG_2194 - Copy.jpgI also took those brown shoes back to the store & instead bought these tan workers boots, which I think suits the cosplay more accurately. However, they're not very comfortable to wear. My heels & generally the soles of my feet start to ache just about as soon as I put these on & walk around. Is there something I could get to aid my feet whilst wearing these?Thanks for viewing & constructive criticism is welcome!

- - - Updated - - -

I apologise for the terrible layout of my post. I added spaces between the images & text, however when I posted, it clustered everything together & it doesn't seem I can edit my post. Once again, I am new here so please understand.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back