kapow

If I ever get the time, I'd love to put together of the square guns. :D

ultraviolet-20060217101946140.jpg

ultraviolet-20060217101945609.jpg

ultraviolet-20060217101944344.jpg

ultraviolet-20060217101942672.jpg

ultraviolet-20060217101939562.jpg

ultraviolet-20060217101938937.jpg

Very cool, though I was drawn to the Uzi with the Katana blades.

I really hope this movie doesn't bite, but my heart sunk when I saw they're not doing critics screenings.

Yeah, it can't be too promising when they hide a film like they are with this one. Oh well.

I've already bribed my wife with an expensive dinner on Friday so I can see this. :lol

I don't really think the square gun drawing is accurate at all. I paused the trailer last week and it looks like a Glock. Well, a vac-form of a Glock with a lot of stuff added to it, especially in front of the trigger of course. The detail is really soft, but the profile is definitely Glock. Also looks like the ejection port was extended quite a bit. Not sure how a gun is supposed to feed ammo that drops into the bottom of the mag well; how's the mag spring and follower supposed to feed it to the chamber? Oh well, set Suspension Of Disbelief Generator™ to maximum. At least the flick looks like good mindless entertainment, and Milla ain't bad on the eyes either.

Jim

( Edited to fix a typo )

Originally posted by Capt MarVell@Feb 27 2006, 08:17 PM
I don't really think the square gun drawing is accurate at all. I paused the trailer last week and it looks like a Glock. Well, a vac-form of a Glock with a lot of stuff added to it, especially in front of the trigger of course. The detail is really soft, but the profile is definitely Glock. Also looks like the ejection port was extended quite a bit. Not sure how a gun is supposed to feed ammo that drops into the bottom of the mag well; how's the mag spring and follower supposed to feed it to the chamber? Oh well, set Suspension Of Disbelief Generator™ to maximum. At least the flick looks like good mindless entertainment, and Milla ain't bad on the eyes either.

Jim

( Edited to fix a typo )
[snapback]1195239[/snapback]​

Hehehe, shouldn't your SODG be on full anyway while watching this movie?? ;):D

Originally posted by Sith Sheriff Brody@Feb 28 2006, 06:57 PM
Where are these drawings from?
-Mike
[snapback]1195738[/snapback]​

They're production sheets released for the film. The Ultraviolet Yahoo site has them up but they were way too small to make out the measurements with. I picked these up from the IGN site which has them much larger, obviously. Shame they didn't include the Uzi/Sword ones.

It amuses me that the finish on Violet's "square-gun" is noted as "ipod".

I thought the same thing when I saw these over on Milla's website. Seems an odd way to describe a paint scheme.

I don't really think the square gun drawing is accurate at all.

With the exception of the Ar-15, I would say none of the images are too accurate and details will have changed.

I really hope this movie doesn't bite, but my heart sunk when I saw they're not doing critics screenings

Yeah, my heart sank when I saw the trailer. It just doesn't look very good. It reminds me of Aon Flux, which isn't good, but the soft focus, and colors make me think of a maybelline commercial, and I think Milla sounds like she's walking through this one "I was born into a world you . . . may not . . . understand" she sounds like she's talking on the phone in casual conversation. Lifeless.

And then the whole "Are you mental?" bit, YEESH, that's horrible.

And as my brother noted, sci films where people have things stuck in thier noses are usually bad. I think he noted Dune as an exception.
Njc------------------

I want the square gun.

It was a pretty cool movie - visually speaking.

Not much plot or character developement.

Kinda like a 90 minute video game sequence.

Hi all;

Been reading about the movie Ultraviolet and looking at some of the paper props and guns, etc.

I was wondering if anywhere in the movie do the "Guards" ever use the "Shock Rifle"? I know I remember seeing the "Shock Batons", but wondering if the guns made an appearance...:confused

Below is link to a small diagram of both and a photo of the Shock Rifle, anyone have good screen caps of the Shock Rifle if it was used? I do not currently own the dvd...

File:Ultraviolet ShockGun.jpg - imfdb :. guns in movies :. movie guns :. the internet movie firearms database
http://www.movieprop.com/ultravioletproprifle.jpg

Thanks

Kelso

Noeland;

I have seen those, I think those are the "Shock Batons" not the actual "Shock Rifle"...? Maybe there is not a difference, but I think there are two types of "Shock" thingys....?

Anyone have thoughts on this...? Or any good screenshots of the "Shock Guns" if they used them?

Thanks

Kelso

Last edited:
It's technically supposed to be one weapon: The Shock Gun/Shock Rifle. The butt of the gun and the handle could fold up and form the 'baton' weapon. Both versions are in the drawing at the top of this thread.

I'm not sure when the gun shaped ones were used though, the fight with the guards seems to all be in the baton shape... Maybe there was a small mix of guns in there that are hard to see, or just some background characters.

I don't think any of the actual props folded between the two designs, I think they were all static either in the gun or baton form. (Someone on YP has one labeled 'foldable', but I'm not sure what parts fold...)

Here's some pics of the props though:

@Rik1138;

Ok, now I see the top image in this thread, looks like the handle/trigger part might "fold out" to switch from one to the other.

Now I guess I am off to buy the DVD to what forms were used in the movie......

Thanks for the response!

Kelso

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back