Ultimate Royal Guard helmet

SgtFang

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
Ok so I've got this idea about raising the bar on RG helmets.

I want to make them out of a glossy red urethane rubber, so the wearer can actually turn their heads in them. There would be sort of a skull cap shaped under-helmet that would keep the crown and facial parts of the helmet in place, sort of like the Spiderman mask in the movies.

The trickiest part I can think of so far would be securing the visor in place.

any thoughts?

-Sarge

Have the inner helmet just extend all the way down the visor portion... you could just cast the eurethane with small plugs lining the upper inside for the inner helmet to be attached to, right? Just have the visor mounted to that instead of the eurethane shell

Kind of like this?

RGSkull.jpg

-Sarge

Exactly. Except, you probably want the helmet extension sitting between the tendon-looking grooves, to retain that detail when the head is turned

Just thinking, how about taking a spandex type of material and placing it over a mold (old DP helmet coated with a release agent) then coat the spandex in latex and let it harden. Next make the inner helmet like you have shown and place it over it cut out the visor area and sandwich the latex between the visor material and the hard inner shell.

My biggest concern is being able to breath in this thing. Followed up by being able to see.

I'd really love one though...of course then I'll need a force pike. Anyone got a tutorial?

Let me suggest that you design the scull piece so that you can attach a breathing tube, and that there is airflow around the scalp to reduce sweating there.
Preferably, any breathing tube would take care of both air supply and air you exhale... since warm exhales would increase the warmth when it is distributed inside the helmet.

Just a few ideas...

<div class='quotetop'>(Darth Lars @ Jul 20 2006, 10:31 AM) [snapback]1284440[/snapback]</div>
Let me suggest that you design the scull piece so that you can attach a breathing tube, and that there is airflow around the scalp to reduce sweating there.
Preferably, any breathing tube would take care of both air supply and air you exhale... since warm exhales would increase the warmth when it is distributed inside the helmet.

Just a few ideas...
[/b]

This being important for both comfort and conciousness. If you rebreathe too much of your own exhaled carbon dioxide you will eventually pass out. This will be worse, the more active you are.

dan

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back