UAR-1 Enforcer Costume from Rifts RPG

Shadeling

Hello, this is going to be my second attempt to build a costume, the first being when I was very young. I’ve thought long and hard on this, and I have chosen the UAR-1 Enforcer Robot (my favorite) form the RPG Rifts.

This is going to take a while for me to build, I have a good idea how to start but I’ll take all the advice I can get :)
Hello, this is going to be my second attempt to build a costume, the first being when I was very young. I’ve thought long and hard on this, and I have chosen the UAR-1 Enforcer Robot (my favorite) form the RPG Rifts.

This is going to take a while for me to build, I have a good idea how to start but I’ll take all the advice I can get :)
UAR-1Enforcer.jpg

I'm afraid I don't have the experience needed for giving useful advice, but I am looking forward to seeing this come together. A good deal of my drawing practice was drawing my group's Rifts characters. It's a sentimental favorite.

Upper portion made larger for head room, need to locate vender that makes custom John Lennon style sunglasses for eyes.
Collar will be foam rubber with plastic coat for covering (Same stuff used on tool handles)
UAR-1 Head.JPG

Last edited:
I just realized that I put this thread in the wrong spot, can an admin move to the appropriate area please?
Thank you
UAR-1 Arm.JPG

Forgive the odness of these images. I can find only 1 image of the UAR-1, trying to make aditional views for reference based on the original drawing

Rubber plugs will be used as pins between each piece allowing easier assembly; lower feet assembly will provide support to elevate the heel aprox 3 inches. Velcro straps will secure boot. Will utilize treaded rubber on bottom
UAR-1 Leg.JPG

Last edited:
Wow, that's an ambitious project, but it will look awesome when you're done. I look forwards to seeing your progress on this.

Wow, that's an ambitious project, but it will look awesome when you're done. I look forwards to seeing your progress on this.

Thank you, I'm debating going back to Hexagon to work on the 3D part, Meta caught my eye and thought I'd give it a run. It's nice and simple to use. Unfortunately I would have to start over unless I buy into it.

Nice work so far I used to play Rifts back in the day. Look forward to seeing this completed bro. :p

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Nice work so far I used to play Rifts back in the day. Look forward to seeing this completed bro. :p

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Thanks, I’ve been reading on different ways to build armor for this. I found an article on a Blue Stealth Iron Man Suit that used a paper hardening method with Pepakura print outs. That would be perfect for the ridged items, and EVA foam for the items I want to remain flexible. The use of magnets and Velcro is a very interesting concept with the EVA.

I hope everyone had their fill of turkey this past weekend :)

The head piece looks like something off of Super Mario so far
Head.jpg

I'll be taking a break from this for a few days, I promised to get my foundry for Neverwinter finished after the long weekend.

Does anyone have advice on ether stilts or elevating blocks?
I am going to need to rise up between 3-6 inches for this project, and my next one is going to need about 2 feet in elevation.

At first I was all like, :unsure Now I'm all like, :eek Looking good.

I believe there's a Warhammer armor thread that includes various lifts.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back