TWOK Uniform Guide

TWOK Uniform Guide - The Shirt - Trapunto Fakery!

I've gone back and revisited my methods here. Actually, I found I place I could get the right material, so I've redone my TWOK shirts.

I was able to get an off-white (Ivory) swimsuit weight shiny spandex (and a red as well) and so I've made some new shirts with better collars and cuffs. To start, here's an example of what I'm aiming for:

twokhd0760.jpg

Here's my material- tough to see in the photos, but there is a shiny side, that will be kept on the inside of these shirts:
shirt004-1.jpg

I use a pencil to mark where I'll sew the ribs so that I keep it mostly straight:
shirt009-1.jpg

Here's my current trapunto-faking method- I sew in the ribs, leaving the bottom open, then I use little homemade funnel and a pen to stuff the filling into it:
shirt005-1.jpg

shirt007-1.jpg

shirt010-1.jpg

(An overlock machine is your friend when working with spandex...)
shirt012-1.jpg

Here's how it ended up looking-
shirt015s-1.jpg

These should be much closer to screen-accurate than my last attempt...

Found this guide I made years ago. Each pic is at the original resolution of the DVD it was capped from.

Ever since the first time I saw this uniform in TWOK back in '82 I was enamored with it.

I have already put my wife on alert that if ANOVOS comes through, it will be mine....oh yes.....it will be mine.

Of course, at the rate they're going, it could be another year since they haven't even technically announced the TNG uniforms yet so I might wind up commissioning one.

Thanks for the guide! Now I can spot out fakes on eBay. lol

I have always wanted one these uniforms and have seen some really amazing ones around on the web. Below is a forum that is dedicated to the accuracy and preservation of Star Trek Uniforms. The link will take you to the TWOK section, but feel to look around in the other threads.

TWOK Forum

I'm guessing ANOVOS TWOK uniform is still a long time off. Does anyone know where I can get a quality TWOK uniform made? Or if there is a quality one available somewhere that I might be able to get tailored?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back