Twin Peaks Ring, Fire Walk With Me

Kestre

I had this ring made for my boyfriend in 2005. I figure some of you might be interested! The ring is in Fire Walk With Me, by David Lynch. It's the prequel/sequel (however you want to see it) to the Twin Peaks series, which ran a short 30 episodes. The Lodge Ring protects the wearer from possession and is seen in the movie but not the TV series. Here are a series of screen caps I had used to reference the prop:

screen_rings.jpg

I called several jewelers to ask about their ability to make the stone. I found a lapidary in Providence: Hegeman and Co. I showed the jeweler the images I had, and we searched his catalog for a base for the ring. I chose to make it 14k. In particular we paid attention to the thickness of the ring and the lip around the stone. He picked Aventurine for the stone. Here it is!

ring_box.jpg

The cut isn't identical, but close.

ring_light.jpg

I'm showing this image to compare with the lit reference photos.

ring_behind.jpg

The coolest thing is that you can see it from inside the ring. It glows nicely when held to the light.

Probably a more screen accurate gemstone would be done with a green resin and a curved edge, but we're very happy with the quality of the ring. I can take a photo to show how the ring's weathered 5+ years. My bf gets tons of compliments on the ring, most from people who have never heard of the show.

Very cool, and spookular, because I just watched this movie the other night.

Great job on the Black Lodge Ring! I also made one just last year! Mine's not as fancy, but I'm pretty proud of it. Its actually made from a brass hose fitting that I carved, filed and polished, then soldered the fitting on.
The stone was purchased at a convenience store. It was originally in the shape of a heart necklace. I carved it down on my bench grinder. Then etched the owl glyph with a diamond dremel tool. I had to use Gorilla Glue epoxy to keep it in place.
Someday I might make another that is a closer replica, but I'm happy with it for now.

KESTRA --

If I wrote them, you think they make more? Also, if you don't mind my asking, how much? I'm guessing $300 to $500.

I have the one made by RFPer, which I love, but it is a bit smaller than the screen used rings.

Here is MEGATRON's first run of this ring, in silver. He also did them in brass (gold tone), which I also have, but the brass does tarnish quickly.

Photoon2011-01-25at09163.jpg

Maybe if enough people are interested, MEGATRON would consider doing a NEW runa nd make them slightly bigger. I do have larger hand --- the ring in on my pinkie, which is a size 9. My ring finger is 12-13.

I also have one of Megatron's Fire Walk With Me rings, but it's in 14K gold. It's a fantastic piece of work, but I would love to see someone produce this ring in a size closer to the original.

Here is MEGATRON's first run of this ring, in silver. He also did them in brass (gold tone), which I also have, but the brass does tarnish quickly.

Photoon2011-01-25at09163.jpg

Maybe if enough people are interested, MEGATRON would consider doing a NEW runa nd make them slightly bigger. I do have larger hand --- the ring in on my pinkie, which is a size 9. My ring finger is 12-13.

those are the same pics I used, also I talked with "the one arm man" about the ring and told me the original was something they picked up at a pawn store.
I dont see any size change or need for it. Al has one of my rings and said it looks like what they had. He is a small man.
If you need it big then it will not be correct but a special version.

jewelry replicas cost more cause of the change in market prices on materials.

the stone you used is fine ..resin would be very wrong
natural stones are all going to be somewhat different..

Megatron, what do you use for filling in the black in the ring's etching? Honestly I just fill mine in every once in awhile with a fine tipped permanent marker. It usually starts to fade after a week, then I fill it in again. I'm totally a novice ring maker. I've only done about 6 total, all in practice for my Black Lodge Ring.

testors model paint or those little bottles of car touch up paint works best and a broken jeweler saw blade or tooth pick to apply.

Hi!! I was looking for this ring almost for all of my life!! Please Megatron or Garmanbozia, let me now if you are gonna make more rings becouse I´m more than interested to have one replica, and yours are amazing!! Please!!
And remember.. the owls are not wat they seems..

Hey!

I'm from Germany and was also searching for this ring a very long time.
Would be great, if you're making more replicas, because eBay (and the whole stuff) don't get them :unsure

Heh, I'm the owner of the ring that Kestre posted, and love it! This ring is what helped to get Kestre into props in the first place! I wear it every day. Will have to post some updated pics of it soon. The other replicas look excellent as well! Nicely done all you!

GARMANBOZIA, Kestre, and Megatron,

I really like what you've done with your replicas and would love to have something similar made for myself. I am sure I cannot afford to have it done in solid gold, but I would like to have it gold-plated or brass-colored.

I recently bought an old sterling silver ring on eBay with a very similar stone and brought it to a jeweler's to have the owl glyph engraved and get it resized for my pinky. Hopefully it will turn out looking like an acceptable replica, although the jeweler told me it would not work to have the ring gold-plated because the plating would wear off quickly.

I will post photos of the ring once I have it back from the jeweler.

P.S. @ Megatron - After I posted here I found your notice in the Junkyard and sent you an email, so you can get back to me that way, thanks...

Last edited:
I got my ring back from the jeweler's this week. It was a vintage sterling silver ring with jade gemstone which I recently purchased on eBay at a good price. The jeweler resized the ring and engraved the owl glyph on the stone, and I filled in the engraving with gloss black enamel model paint. I'm happy with the engraving, but the custom work at the jeweler's ended up costing me more than I planned (about five times what I paid for the ring).

When I showed the screen shots of the ring to the jeweler (Chabo's Jewelry in San Francisco), he said he could make a gold replica of the original for about $1500 (I'm not sure if that would include the gemstone or not). I can't afford that kind of expenditure at this time, so I am going to be be content with the ring I've got (I only wish I'd found a lighter colored green stone to use, the present one is rather dark and doesn't show the glyph engraving very clearly except in bright light)...

Last edited:
they wont show up because you are posting the website html and not the jpg of the image itself...

Here is the bottom picture you tried to post:

EDIT image removed :)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back