Tutorial: How to build a stormtrooper helmet for less than 10 GBP FINISHED see Pg9

Re: Tutorial: How to build a stormtrooper helmet for less than 10 GBP FINISHED

Outstanding build - very ingenious and for the budget and materials used, that's a damn fine effort chap .

You guys are too cool! Thank you for the kind comments! And Honus, I bet your Fett helmet is WAY better than you're letting on! My philosophy is, if you put enough filler on, you can hide ANYTHING! :lol

Well I've decided to PEP the armour, thanks to Fierfek's outstanding work. I will try to keep the whole budget thing going and look into papier Mache again rather than Fibreglass. I think it's important to make the whole concept open to as many people as possible, regarding the budget.
Thanks again everyone for your awesome comments and support!
Darren

Well done Darren, projects like this are what this hobby is all about. :thumbsup

If I hadn't seen the progress photos, I would almost not believe it. Lol. I'm astonished at how well it turned out. Great work!

If I hadn't seen the progress photos, I would almost not believe it. Lol. I'm astonished at how well it turned out. Great work!

You should see the inside, Aden! It's all Pizza boxes and cereal promotions! :lol
I'll post a pic tomorrow to show you. It's pretty funny, and I will have to sort it out at some stage!

I am thoroughly gobsmacked at what you've produced. Fantastic result! Congratulations.

OMG, thats amazing. I hope you dont mind but I posted a link to your build on the UK Garrison of the 501st.

OMG, thats amazing. I hope you dont mind but I posted a link to your build on the UK Garrison of the 501st.

On the contrary, Mondas, I'm blown away that you, or anyone else on here could do such a really nice thing..... But that's this site all over isn't it? Genuine people with genuine values and goals. Thank you Mondas. It's my goal one day to produce a lid and suit that is 501st acceptable.

Hi to Vitruvian and Jonowl. Thanks to Fierfeks endless work, I have started the armour but I am seeing if I can doi it on a budget as well, but still do something reasonably accurate. Another thread maybe? :wacko

Well with skills like that you need to get yourself over to the UKG pronto. you'll fit right in and be trooping with us in no time :)

Well with skills like that you need to get yourself over to the UKG pronto. you'll fit right in and be trooping with us in no time :)

Are you allowed to advertise that here??? :lol

So what's the next helmet from junk, that I should build?

That is a COOL Helmet! But I was kinda trying to keep it in the Star Wars theme. Absolutely no disrespect to your choice at all, Digger. It just wouldn't fit into my personal collection. I'll build it, but then you gotta buy it! JUST KIDDING!!! :lol

This project turned out so well! That just blows my mind!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back