Tutorial: How to build a stormtrooper helmet for less than 10 GBP FINISHED see Pg9

Re: Tutorial: How to build a stormtrooper helmet for less than 10 GBP Update Sunday p

This thread is just plain full of WIN!~

Re: Tutorial: How to build a stormtrooper helmet for less than 10 GBP Update Sunday p

Amazing work.

So could you do the whole suit for less than £60?

Great progress in the past week!

That looks great, you have great skills.

the ingenuity is amazing as are your skills. Looks awesome man

This has to be one of the most amazing threads I've ever seen. That's a freaking nice work, can't wait to see it finished !

Hi everyone! I'm sorry I haven't been on much the last couple of days. I've been busy doing a little plumbing job for someone. They wanted me to spur off of a radiator and fit an extra one in their new kitchen extension. It was while I was at the DIY store buying the flexible hose and fittings that I made a discovery. When you plumb, using flexible hose you need to insert tube supports into each end of the pipe to stop the compression joint from crushing the pipe and causing a leak....Well the tube supports in question are pictured below....remind you of anything? :eek

GEDC0414.jpg

This little buggers are going to become my Mic Tips!

Anyway, I have redone the ears a THIRD time, as I still wasn't happy with them, and have spent even MORE time sanding and filling and sanding and filling and............well, you get the idea.......

So, here are some pics of the work I have done over the last two days. It doesn't look too different from Sundays, pics, but, believe me, I've done a lot of work to it! Tomorrow, hopefully, I'll put it in Primer and THAT is a goal I have been working towards for what seems like an eternity.

GEDC0415.jpg

GEDC0416.jpg

GEDC0417.jpg

GEDC0419.jpg

GEDC0421.jpg

GEDC0424.jpg

I hope that the ears are looking ok to everyone else???
GEDC0427.jpg

Well that's it for today....Tomorrow I will finish the sanding and get a base coat on it. See you then!

Re: Tutorial: How to build a stormtrooper helmet for less than 10 GBP Update Tuesday

well here are my mic tips, finished and ready to install. I cut a match stick in half down its length, and then in half again, and glued the bits on and painted it up. The metal gauze cost me 99 pence so my budget is down to 4 pence!!!!!

GEDC0432.jpg

GEDC0433.jpg

Re: Tutorial: How to build a stormtrooper helmet for less than 10 GBP my homemade Mic

I was thinking of doing something similar for my mic tips, but I just settled on buying some Hovi PA mic tips. Those seem to be a good substitute though.

Re: Tutorial: How to build a stormtrooper helmet for less than 10 GBP my homemade Mic

I was thinking of doing something similar for my mic tips, but I just settled on buying some Hovi PA mic tips. Those seem to be a good substitute though.

I've held them in place and they look AWESOME! I am really happy and the only cost was the wire gauze at 99 pence. I think that equates to $1.60.
Having said that, the pack of 5 tube sleeves, which I already had as job leftovers, were only £1.75 or $2.81. If you had to buy both, you'd still only be looking at £2.74 or $4.41........not bad compared to the prices you can pay online.:cool

Hi all, thanks for the ongoing support and encouragement! Well, today I have brushed on ten coats of acrylic primer, to fill all the remaining scratches and pits. I then flatted the whole helmet using the PAPER side of wet and dry as the paper side is easily agressive enough to flat acrylic paint, whereas the gritted side would be TOO agressive. Anyway, nine hours later, the helmet is now like glass and ready for the top coats to be applied.
This has probably been the longest two weeks I can remember!!! And I'm really happy to be at this stage. I will post some pics tomorrow of the lid in its top coat, and then it's just the detailing to finish it off....

And geordi..............yes I probably could do the armour for about £60 with the help of Fierfek's superb PEP files, but it would be touch and go if I could buy that much filler and Glass for that amount of money. Also, I wonder if my marriage would survive it!!! :lol

Bye for now!

You should be proud at having done so well. So awesome!!

Its amazing what peopole can do with some cardboard and some ingenuity. Awesome work!

Very impressive work!
Very inspiring.

Looking great.
Can't wait to see more.

This is an amazing thread that I'll be watching! Amazing work Atlanthia!

WOW! Thanks guys!!! I have to say that, right now, I am sick to the back teeth of the blasted thing but, tomorrow, when it has been sprayed, and detailed, I'll feel on top of the world!! I thnk I'd have given up ages ago if I hadn't had the support of other members on here.

The FORCE is strong in this one!:)

Good afternoon to you all! I managed to get the top coat on today but that's as far as I got, as the paint is still too soft to handle it.

GEDC0439.jpg

GEDC0438.jpg

GEDC0434.jpg

GEDC0436.jpg

Well hopefully I can get the finishing done tomorrow. Stick the lenses and mic tips in and paint the decals etc. I think I'll be happy to see the back of this one ! lol!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back