Tutorial For Broken Neca Arm Joints.

REYALS1

It's not a perfect fix (you will have to cement or super glue the head of the nail into the swivel/bending part of the lower arms joint) but it will suffice... if you do not play with it too much.

I would recommend something that will keep the head of the nail nice and snugly tight inside the drilled hole of the lower arm. Try not to get the glue on either side of the bending joint of the lower arm either. You will be able to swivel the arm to the sides but if you mess with bending the arm too much it will loosen the head of the nail inside the joint and you will have a stripped out hole where the head was (unless the compound or glue used keeps the head in place)... and you'll be back to square one.

I hope this method works for some of you who have broken NECA Preds and such.

I am open for critique and other solutions as well.

Thanks for looking.

-Ricky

th_PredTut.jpg

Hey man...I appreciate it but I have watched this video.

I don't want to sound like an ass but posting this video in my started topic is kind of hijacking my thread bro.

As I described, not the best fix but good enough for one to fix the broken arm and be able to pose the figure again without it looking like an amputee.

That method is close to mine that I have used before. The difference is that I drilled the "bicep" out with a tiny drill, then, I screwed a perfectly fitting tiny screw into the elbow joint and then connected them. Looks like new and no articulation is lost this way and no glue had to be used.

Yeah, this is how I did mine. I am not saying its the best way but it works. I am still able to move the arm though it just needs to be thoroughly loosened before inserting the nail.

I used a nail simply because it was late and I didn't have a small enough screw to use. Still works too. :)

Thanks for the tutorial mate, just opened my Neca Predator figure and bang snapped the right arm!
Ill give it a go tonight

Thank you.

I hope it works for you. Like I said it's a quick fix if you don't plan on really playing with the figure that much.

Personally, I use my figures mainly for posing so I don't really "play" with them.

Hey man...I appreciate it but I have watched this video.

I don't want to sound like an ass but posting this video in my started topic is kind of hijacking my thread bro.

As I described, not the best fix but good enough for one to fix the broken arm and be able to pose the figure again without it looking like an amputee.
Sorry dude I wasnt trying to be an ass either I just thought it would be a bit more effective than just super gluing the nail on.Sorry bro btw i ordered my classic on Amazon fingers crossed it doesnt f*cking break.I actually put straps on my other two classics arms and legs to look more movie accurate I'm gonna do the same to my masked one.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back