Tusky's Skull and Bones

TUSKY

Started working on my skull's, bones etc of my suit.
Finished one the other night
Have placed the bio from my Billiken Predator kit for scale
Second skull on the way.
Not quite as polished a finish as it should have but will do the job ;)
Still deciding on the bones yet
Any ideas fellow hunters?

I am using Jovi air drying modelling paste, i had never heard of it till mrs Tusky bought it for me
A bit tackier than normal oil based clay

Family_082009_075.JPG

Here is another skull i finished sculpting
As this is water based product when it driesa it also cracks which is a good thing as it inhances the bone look

new_skull.JPG

Here’s what I did on my birthday, just need to weather the bones and they also need to be sealed.
One necklace and one bandolier.
The long spike on the bandolier and the vertebrae are of a tail of an adolescent xenomorph. I made the parts without thinking of what they belonged to, my son thought it up and it actually fits the parts.
There is a small duck like skull on the bandolier that has a back story,....

"On the planet that the young blood grew up on there is a small parasite/hunter that attacks small prey. As is the way of the predator if this creature attacks a youngling and the youngling survived and killed it's attacker, he/she will grow up to be a worthy addition to the clan.
If the youngling dies then it was not fit to be a hunter at all and was naturally selected to be disposed of."

Well it makes sense to me anyway

necklace_and_baneolier.JPG

Had a thought yesterday of doing somemore bones to decorate the suit, nothing major just a couple of small things.
Any hunters got any ideas??

Tusky,

hmmm, do you have any human skulls yet? Maybe you could make em partly hollow so they're not so heavy...

or just the spine?

here's a funny backstory to it...

Young blood survives and after some time becomes a blooded hunter, and goes for the tough prey on a human colony world.

He gets his catch, and starts to take the trophy, but right before he can get the whole thing out, a large animal comes by and grabs the part that he hasn't got ahold of... and starts to run off with it....

Blooded Hunter hangs on for dear life, getting dragged in the mud and dirt. Finally the spine comes off and thats all he has left...

---
Ei'luj

Thanks Ei'luj!
I like the story, pretty funny
No human skulls,........yet.
Will purchase some next year.
My suit build has ground to an almighty halt, and may not start up again till next year
So no Predator for halloween either.
Far too busy with family and work!

Since i have restarted a Suit build i Finally broke these outta storage and started wethering/aging them.
Couple of brown washes then another of black.
They look awesome, having trouble posting pics.
Will post later today.

[quote name='ei'luj' timestamp='1256086724' post='167203']
Tusky,

hmmm, do you have any human skulls yet? Maybe you could make em partly hollow so they're not so heavy...

or just the spine?

here's a funny backstory to it...

Young blood survives and after some time becomes a blooded hunter, and goes for the tough prey on a human colony world.

He gets his catch, and starts to take the trophy, but right before he can get the whole thing out, a large animal comes by and grabs the part that he hasn't got ahold of... and starts to run off with it....

Blooded Hunter hangs on for dear life, getting dragged in the mud and dirt. Finally the spine comes off and thats all he has left...

---
Ei'luj
[/quote]
Well Julie now that you mention it, i did grab two plastic skulls for Halloween this year, they could be put to use on a predator suit,....hmmmmmm ;)

Thanks, untill i did the washes i wasn't too sure about them.
I have been trying different varriations for the necklace and the Bandolier, adding subtracting bones etc.
May even make more,...nah keep it simple i think.
Just need to find some leather for them.
Might hunt around our local knick-a-knack store :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back