Turning my Batman Returns: Power Wheels Batmobile into an R/C

agliarept

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I recently came into a vintage 1992 Batmobile power wheels style (actually called power drivers) that I'm currently turning into a large scaled r/c.

Photo Mar 24 2024, 6 06 59 PM.jpg

The finished project will have:
  1. a enclosed canopy
  2. working front/read lights
  3. Automative black paint job
  4. Working jet engine thruster f/x
  5. Playing the theme song or audio clips
  6. not sure what other cool extras I can make it do

I've already done the above as a proof of concept on a vintage 1/10 89 Batmobile. I'm just now engineering parts to first tackle the r/c functionality as the first hurdle.

Apologies in advance for the quality, I'm not a youtuber, but realizing there's some value in showing off the car since I haven't seen or read any documentation of it's existence (outside ebay lol)

Here's a video of me briefly talking about the car itself before any work was actually done.

I'm currently finalizing the R/C movement testing right now. So should have some tangible to share this week* Fingers crossed.

After several revisions, the r/c part's done and the Batmobile can be controlled wirelessly.

Installed a 1/10 racing motor and it's very very fast now. Here's a video showing it driving at 70% power and working with a steering mechanism i installed.

Next few weeks I'm going to prep 3d files to print and prototype a canopy and maybe design an opening slide mechanism for it. Once that's done, I can focus on the custom fx/lights/cosmetics.

Attachments

• IMG_0425.MP4
    87.4 MB
I look forward very much to seeing this Batmobile go get the bad guys, what a project keep the images and videos coming, I did have a go at a bigger batmobile for a friend who did not want the car once I hade made it but that happens now and again.

keep safe and well
regards Barrie ( the old batman fan guy )batmobile one.jpgDSCF9477.jpgDSCF9489.jpgDSCF0326.jpg

Thank you Mr agliarept,
some people just do not want to pay for things, quite a few people who I have made models for expect you to work for free and then give them the model, I do charge for my work but keep things down as much as possible, better to many at a low price then one at a high price. At the moment I build for the sci fi and fim museum in Milton keyenes england, they have about 5 of m y models and opne more to go soon. Just keep that batmobile moving it is going to look fantastic when you get it blasting down the raod.

regards Barrie ( the old guy ) now this was a model

DSC01293.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back