I'm Batman.

Chrisisall

Sr Member
Back around 2011 when I was just getting back into modeling big time, one of the few vinyl kit I got was a Billiken Batman kit on eBay. That it was so inexpensive should have been a tip off... that it was from Hong Kong even more so....
So when I got it I was puzzled as to why it wasn't as crisp & clean as my Horizon Robocop that came from here in the States.
Yep, it was a recast as I found out through inquiries on the net. Well, I put it together & sanded some rough edges & stuff, but felt like I was tricked, so I put it away in a box until about 2019 when I was unpacking stuff in our new home. I realized it actually didn't look so bad, so I put it on a shelf in my model making room, figuring I'd get to painting it... someday.
A few months ago I bought a slew of acrylic paints to finish up my new Robocop 3 vinyl kit (not a recast!!!), and they were just sitting there after I finished, and a couple of days ago I had a free moment, so I went to town on the white Batman that had been waiting for so long.
Paint, then gloss coat, then matte clear finish. Came out okay, given the givens.
The actual Billiken kit must be amazing...

20230606_150637.jpg

20230606_163039.jpg
20230606_194211.jpg
20230607_193007.jpg
20230609_165221.jpg

That looks damn good sir! We’ll done! I know how you feel, years ago I bought an Iria kit, the lady from ‘Zeiram’ as a vinyl kit at my local hobby store, it was in a beautiful box and looked authentic. Found out later it was a knock-off, and as someone who was producing resin kits myself, I was really pissed that I bought a recast. And it was an excellent copy too which made me feel worse.

probably easier to buy hot toys figure
Not really; just got through doing exactly that to a 1/6 Robocop vinyl figure. You just need to decide which body panel lines to cut along, and feaher them appropriately so there are no hard edges.

Besides that: the prices for Hot Toys are just ridiculous. $350+ for a figure? That's a minor car repair nowadays.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back