Trying to Make an authentic custom ANH Darth Vader Light saber blade. NEED HELP!!

Darthguitarists

I've done the leg work and the research to find out the exact dimensions of his saber blade. It is 17.5mm diameter at the base and a whopping 46 inches long. Even figuring that out took some doing, I've researched how to make neopixel blades and that is where I am stuck. I can't seem to find translucent white polycarbonate tubing anywhere! at least no where I can cut custom lengths, the only kind I can find is clear but that will not diffuse the light enough. I figured I was gonna have to get the blade tip 3d printed and the blade adaptor custom 3d printed as well but I never thought I would struggle this much to source the tubing. I'm lost at this point and will do whatever it takes to get it done. I need to find a manufacturer of the tubes. 5/8 or 11/16ths outer diameter 46 inch long white translucent polycarbonate tubing. Also a line on hollow foam interserts with an outer diameter of 1/2 inch would be helpful as well. I never thought this would be such a daunting task.

Can you use frosted acrylic? Much easier to source.

You may want to give a call to Piedmont Plastics and chat with one of their reps. They're my local go-to in the Carolinas, and have a lot in stock that I was unable to find on their website.

Last edited:
The measurements are probably from the on-set blades which change. And they are tapered and incredibly light weight, making the length not that big of a deal.
Luke-skywalker-vs-darth-vader-duel-behinds-scenes.jpg
vaderobi.jpg

I know nothing of light-up blades!

Can you use frosted acrylic? Much easier to source.

You may want to give a call to Piedmont Plastics and chat with one of their reps. They're my local go-to in the Carolinas, and have a lot in stock that I was unable to find on their website.
Ok I'll give them a try, thank you :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back