Trying to figure out a prop built on a vintage toy

CharlesHouse

I saw a bang gun that operated around the mechanics of an old toy, but I dunno what it was.

It functioned like this, and the trigger shot out a stick with a flag attached, which presumably was T shaped internally to catch the stick rather than eject.

0PGaq5F.png

At the hammer end, there was a string that pulled the flag stick back in place. I have looked into springloaded toys but haven't found a lot. Any thoughts?

being an ol timer has its good points those guns were around years ago The ones I remember the barrel was split the flag was rolled up inside, the trigger allowed the back part of the barrel to swing open the flag was un -rolled by gravity. Well that's How I remember them. I think? They sell them on E-Bay and Amazonm-LDHJieDTKoZf1IItGu_7g.jpg

Last edited:
being an ol timer has its good points those guns were around years ago The ones I remember the barrel was split the flag was rolled up inside, the trigger allowed the back part of the barrel to swing open the flag was un -rolled by gravity. Well that's How I remember them. I think? They sell them on E-Bay and AmazonView attachment 494287

that's exactly how those work. Problem is, it doesn't look much like a gun.

These guys made a cameo in E.T.

Yeah I know they are lego guns :) I have since acquired the proper vintage (E-11, not the DL-44 yet) guns for them.

Attachments

• 12359927_10153799460628841_4600066074652656209_n.jpg
    12359927_10153799460628841_4600066074652656209_n.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 71
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back