Trying to figure out a prop built on a vintage toy

CharlesHouse

I saw a bang gun that operated around the mechanics of an old toy, but I dunno what it was.

It functioned like this, and the trigger shot out a stick with a flag attached, which presumably was T shaped internally to catch the stick rather than eject.

0PGaq5F.png

At the hammer end, there was a string that pulled the flag stick back in place. I have looked into springloaded toys but haven't found a lot. Any thoughts?

ed-209

Sr Member
Sooooo....you're trying to make the Diamonds Are Forever gun...........(From the cut scene)
Ed

clarence

being an ol timer has its good points those guns were around years ago The ones I remember the barrel was split the flag was rolled up inside, the trigger allowed the back part of the barrel to swing open the flag was un -rolled by gravity. Well that's How I remember them. I think? They sell them on E-Bay and Amazonm-LDHJieDTKoZf1IItGu_7g.jpg

Last edited:

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
being an ol timer has its good points those guns were around years ago The ones I remember the barrel was split the flag was rolled up inside, the trigger allowed the back part of the barrel to swing open the flag was un -rolled by gravity. Well that's How I remember them. I think? They sell them on E-Bay and AmazonView attachment 494287
that's exactly how those work. Problem is, it doesn't look much like a gun.