TRU Green Lantern movie ring, lit by Honus

SuperheroDIY

So I got a Toys R' Us Green Lantern ring on Sunday that I was very pleased with. I think it's very accurate for the price especially!

That said, it could use a light. Luckily, our buddy Honus is here to save the day! Check out the ring with his awesome light mod. I have added a custom paint job to the band which I still need to touch up a bit, but I like so far.

No light:
IMG_4760.JPG

Light on:
IMG_4761.JPG

In brightest day ...
IMG_4777.JPG

Looks great! It was great speaking with you the other day- I'll have to come by some time to check out the bat cave.

Looks great! I can't wait till I finally get my kits so that I can try to light my rings!

Thanks for all of the great work once again Honus!

Last edited:
Honus has a for sale thread in the junkyard.. the light kits are $15 shipped, and he has a link there for the installation tutorial at indestructables.

That looks pretty good. Do you have any better pics of the custom paint job?

I still need to finish mine. All I have done to it so far is drill the hole in the band.

I don't have any better pics at the moment, but will try to take some.

Yep, it's the keychain ring, I'd just pay the $20 on eBay for it, it's worth it.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back