TRON: Uprising Series Discussion

Re: TRON: Uprising Special Preview of First Episode

Well it's got a full season. I'd be happy if the set a fixed story arc that takes us from where they are now to just before Sam Flynn enters the Grid. But that they have a planned out arc instead of just dragging things along so they can finish it with a solid ending.

I don't think we are going to see Users since it would affect the whole main character of Beck and him being Tron. Users are the most powerful, yet Beck is the main character and soon to become Tron.

I don't think we are going to see Users since it would affect the whole main character of Beck and him being Tron. Users are the most powerful, yet Beck is the main character and soon to become Tron.

Actually, there's an interesting plothole that could be addressed that could also introduce a user...

It's always bugged me that Sam found the key to his Dad's "locked" door outside the entrance. Meaning Flynn purposly left the key outside and locked himself in there, knowing he couldn't get back out? I don't buy it.

So maybe someone broke into the arcade (or more than one person), discovered the office, accidentally powered up the laser and 'disappears, freaking a 2nd person there out, leaving the office, locking the door and leaving the key.

But yea, having a powerful user might tip the balance of Tron being the 'hero'

I like the concept of the story. Still not sure if I'm liking the animation. I won't stop watching it though :)

the series actually lived up to it's name Tron, he is more prominent and featured here than in the last two movies!

Yo! Great news! Quorra's going to make a guest appearance (and yes, Olivia Wilde's providing her voice). Read about it here: Keck's Exclusives First Look: Tron Reboots Olivia Wilde's Quorra - seattlepi.com

And, exclusive pic.

120601mag-tron1.jpg

Damn it!! you made me w00t!!!
hyper.gif
You should have seen me, shaking the fists in the air in glee and w000ting!

Agreed. I hadn't expected this news.

Really don't care for the commercials though.

The only problem I had with the second episode was when they were having the disc war. During the whole time they only actually threw the discs like twice. These days the discs are more like hand to hand weapons instead of throwing weapons. I don't like that.

Discs are weird anyhow. They have your essential code, basically your mind. And they're a weapon. Basically you're hitting someone with your brain.

This show is awesome. Good action, good pace, good characters, a lot of excellent ideas, some fan service ( ex : The Bit ), this show is candy to my eyes. I, too, really wish for this to succeed.

I thought the third episode was pretty good. But I really do not like that other mechanic dude. Just seems to be poor comedy relief and his head looks as if his skull is a cross between the Alien and the Elephant Man. And that girl that stole the lightcycle? Man, her eyes are lower than her nose!!

I like the show but the way things are animated so stylistic these days does not appeal to me.

Just finished episode 3. I'm liking it so far! :thumbsup

Interesting how they have changed some of the design. The light cycles for example, not bad, just different.

pro_550x420_trn_upr_inline_lightcycle.jpg

After 3 episodes it's still looking good. The new vehicles look pretty good as well. Nice to see Tron.

I thought the Clonetroopers had long legs, until I saw these. But they're computer people, so their legs can be any length they want, I guess.

I was waiting for them to use the Lightcycle trailing wall thingy. Does it only work on the game field?

Smoke still bugs me.

@ Soulinertia : Yep, it's a crossover between the two movies' lightcycles. I really dig the aesthetics of the series, I dunno why but they are more " Tron " than the movie IMHO. :)

@ Terryr : They already did in a couple occasion, like cutting the rope between Beck and the black warrior...

They have different styles of Lightcycles. Some were custom built, some are older like the Encom (Flynn's one) and some are more advanced. I like the variety.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back