TRON: Uprising Series Discussion

Re: TRON: Uprising Special Preview of First Episode

Yes, but it's the real actual hardware that is burning, not the software. A gif of a fire isn't hot.

[actually, it magic smoke. all electronics are filled with magic smoke at the factory. when it breaks the magic smoke gets out and it doesn't work anymore.]

I enjoyed the premiere! Lots of great potential for a series. There were a couple of things that I didn't care for, mostly the fact that Tron is pretty much sitting on the sideline again, but other than that, looks great!

Yes, but it's the real actual hardware that is burning, not the software. A gif of a fire isn't hot.

[actually, it magic smoke. all electronics are filled with magic smoke at the factory. when it breaks the magic smoke gets out and it doesn't work anymore.]

Are the people in the Grid just 2 dimensional 50kb files? No, they're actually simulations of people. And the machines are simulations of machines, and machines can break and burn.

Are the people in the Grid just 2 dimensional 50kb files? No, they're actually simulations of people. And the machines are simulations of machines, and machines can break and burn.

^-Exactly. And the longer the Grid runs, the more realistic it becomes, having rain and fog and weather changes (the mentality explained by the director and writers).

Wait, I thought the Rinzler we saw in the film was the real Tron, but didn't know he was Tron anymore. Doesn't this conflict with that a little? Or did I miss what they were going for in Legacy? I only saw the film once.

Wait, I thought the Rinzler we saw in the film was the real Tron, but didn't know he was Tron anymore. Doesn't this conflict with that a little? Or did I miss what they were going for in Legacy? I only saw the film once.

Yeah, in "Tron Legacy" Rinzler was not at all himself, he was actively fighting for CLU. In this, he seems to either be faking it with CLU, or CLU thinks fought him and left him for dead and Tron is in hiding. There's an inconsistency here that needs to be addressed in the show and hopefully will.

Yeah, in "Tron Legacy" Rinzler was not at all himself, he was actively fighting for CLU. In this, he seems to either be faking it with CLU, or CLU thinks fought him and left him for dead and Tron is in hiding. There's an inconsistency here that needs to be addressed in the show and hopefully will.

Remember guys, the animated series takes place sometime after CLU's coup and the purge of the ISOs and Long before Sam's arrival on the Grid in T:L.

Like I've suggested before, there's a good chance that what's going to happen to TRON is that eventually, CLU is going to get him and completely reprogram him to be Rinzler we saw in T:L. Right now, TRON is himself and in hiding and CLU thinks he derezzed him.

So, it's only an inconsistency at this point in the story, but it may not be later on.

I swear this show was already on and at least one episode on dvd. I saw something that was animated and Tron at Kmart.

Do they bleed? Do they wrap a rag around their amputated stump? No, they derezz into bits. Or get their code rebuilt.
Why would it simulate smoke anyway? They've never experienced fire or smoke in that world.

I liked his little 'fixit' tool. Wish I had one.

Do they bleed? Do they wrap a rag around their amputated stump? No, they derezz into bits. Or get their code rebuilt.
Why would it simulate smoke anyway? They've never experienced fire or smoke in that world.

To answer the question, I'm going to post the exact reply I made when this question was asked over at the IMDb. It helped that person, and I'm hoping that it will put this issue to rest for you: At the suggestion of another "TRON" fan, I decided to check out the "Disney Second Screen" site a while ago, which gives you the option to either sync up with the movie on Blu-Ray/DVD or explore on your own. And to my surprise, there was a bit of an explanation. Basically, due to the system for running for so long, the Grid itself evolved to become more realistic, which included clouds, rain and dust (and in the case of the smoke issue you had, smoke too). Now, before you say, "That seems unlikely,", keep in mind that it was the Grid created the ISOs because, as Flynn stated, "the conditions were right." So, it could be possible that the Grid may have started out as a simple WYSIWYG simulation environment with a simple pre-fab design when it came to the environment, but it eventually became an actual "reality" unto itself, even mimicking cloud, rain, dust and, yes, smoke, due to running for such a long period of time. The system evolved from what Flynn started with.

I hope that addresses the issue so we can finally put it to rest.

CB2001, I think we've all seen the film. I don't think spoiler tags are needed. I am aware of when this story takes place, that's one of the reasons I asked what I did.

Legacy showed CLU reprogramming TRON in the moment of his betrayal. That's why he didn't know who he was for the rest of the film. That's why when I saw Rinzler turn white and become Tron my first thought was "Huh? That doesn't jive with the movie."

I think Kerr is right, something has to happen with Tron in the series to bring it in line with Legacy. But, honestly, I still really enjoyed the episode and intend to watch the show. Even though it doesn't jive for me, I like seeing Tron again. I enjoy the look and feel of this show a whole lot.

CB2001, I think we've all seen the film. I don't think spoiler tags are needed. I am aware of when this story takes place, that's one of the reasons I asked what I did.

The spoilers are for those who haven't seen T:L and possible spoilers for T:U. I'm just covering the bases, so to speak.

Legacy showed CLU reprogramming TRON in the moment of his betrayal. That's why he didn't know who he was for the rest of the film. That's why when I saw Rinzler turn white and become Tron my first thought was "Huh? That doesn't jive with the movie."

I don't recall a scene where we see CLU reprogram TRON. I recall a scene where we see CLU "kill" TRON by bringing an ID Disc down into him, and a scene where Flynn reprogrammed one of the guard programs. But there is no direct scene showing TRON being reprogrammed by CLU from what I remember seeing.

I think Kerr is right, something has to happen with Tron in the series to bring it in line with Legacy. But, honestly, I still really enjoyed the episode and intend to watch the show. Even though it doesn't jive for me, I like seeing Tron again. I enjoy the look and feel of this show a whole lot.

Give it time, I'm sure they'll address it. But I do agree with you, it's great seeing TRON again and I too like the look and feel of the show. :D

I heard gossip that Tron heads was cut off by Clu. That's why he had that helmet and didn't talk. When he was near Users, Trons code began to repair.

My other snit was that the discs were a little too much like lightsabers, cutting through walls and such. They didn't do that in Legacy.

And as for 'realism', the computer world is the only real they knew. Why make it resemble some other world? The production may say that, but why do it?
Do they have firemen to put out fires with 'water'?

I heard gossip that Tron heads was cut off by Clu. That's why he had that helmet and didn't talk. When he was near Users, Trons code began to repair.

My other snit was that the discs were a little too much like lightsabers, cutting through walls and such. They didn't do that in Legacy.

Gossip isn't canon, so that doesn't really matter. The discs can punch through a person when they are thrown, so why is it hard to believe they could cut through objects when pressed against them? Beck specifically had issues cutting down one of the monorail pylons, having to put a lot of effort into it. That works for me.

They ate suckling pig.

I'm guessing it was smoked...

Digitally.

Gossip is not classification of evidence. What's in the film is what's there, which is we see CLU bring his ID disc down into TRON. We don't know if it was a hit to the head or if it was to the chest, but we know that the blow did cause some damage. So, unless we saw a scene where we saw CLU reprogramming TRON in the middle of the street outside of Flynn's arcade where he attacked them, the idea of everyone thinking TRON is dead, including CLU, in T:U is plausible.

Because there was no situation that came up in the film that called for that situation. The closest we get is when Sam uses one of the ID Discs to cut through the cuffs on Quorra.

And as for 'realism', the computer world is the only real they knew. Why make it resemble some other world? The production may say that, but why do it?
Do they have firemen to put out fires with 'water'?

They said it because when it came to the design, they looked at pre-existing video games nowadays (much like the video games of 1982 helped form the pre-production development of the Grid's design in TRON). Though simulations, they noticed the realism in the graphics and how they became more and more realistic the environments were, thus using that as their basis for the Grid's environment. And what's in video games these days? Fog, smoke, rain, fire, etc, and all of them look almost as real as the real thing. Thus, the reason why they are in there. I don't see how that is impossible to understand.

I caught this last night (Friday) on Disney XD. I have to say I thought it was pretty good.

But what was wrong with the sound sync? The audio seemed about a second or two ahead of the picture, at least where I am. It was really only noticeable when they talked. The words were a second or two before their mouths started moving.

Did anyone else notice this? Or was it just my particular cable provider having problems?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back