TRON 3 ?!

I can't see the Dillenger text.

I was kind of hoping like with Legacy that they would create a whole new look for this movie. I'll watch it but I don't think it will be as imaginative as the original. I didn't like Legacy that much either except for the music, Quorra, and Flynn's updated white lightcycle.
Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 2.20.06 PM.png

If I remember correctly, Tron Legacy's whole grid was based on a 1989 computer.
My ex and I, at that time, were like, if they went to the grid on a computer hooked up to the internet, everything would be ADs everywhere, XXX stuff, and now, social media junk.
Realistically, it would be a bloated mess.
I wonder how they are approaching it for this new film.

My ex and I, at that time, were like, if they went to the grid on a computer hooked up to the internet, everything would be ADs everywhere, XXX stuff, and now, social media junk.

I'm sure the mantra is "Ignore, ignore, ignore" for any of those issues.

I'm sure the mantra is "Ignore, ignore, ignore" for any of those issues.
Yeah...maybe the ad part and make it like Blade Runner...but even then, who knows.

Realistic Tron with internet.
You try and enter a room, but have to watch 3 ads first...only one of which you can skip after 5 seconds.

1048158-internet1visdev-1280.jpg

One of the many things Tron Legacy didn't get was that even though the original Tron was based on old technology. Tron also established the world in those opening scenes. It was a this is how we see computers and arcade technology in the Real World with that lightcycle arcade game. Moving to a this is how it really is inside the computer with the better graphics showing the lightcycle and characters.

Legacy stuck Flynn in the 80s world and threw out some words from Alan that Flynn was working on major stuff. It didn't establish or show any of Flynn's new games. Or even upgraded old games in the Real World scenes.

But we'll see what this new movie brings. Legacy was one of those give us a lot of money and we'll make a trilogy type of movies and figure out the story later. Remember it had Dillenger's son in the opening but didn't do anything with him. Dillenger was basically a thief without creativity considering he stole Flynn's games and didn't bother to change the names.

While we don't know the year setting yet, or at least I haven't heard...., it would be cool to see new games in the real world and how they portray them in the computer world.

eah
While we don't know the year setting yet, or at least I haven't heard...., it would be cool to see new games in the real world and how they portray them in the computer world.
Yeah we'll see if they try. I believe Tron was also like many older hidden world adventure type movies. Where people would go underground and find hidden cities. Go into human bodies and find all kinds of stuff. That cheat with computers is now kind or close to being over.

The Real World to Electronic World jump in the original Tron is still pretty amazing and cool. It was similar to seeing normal arcade games then seeing Dragon's Lair and thinking is this a videogame that you can really play?

I have a hunch that Tron 3 doesn't deal with "games". At all. It's about another Grid, whose main character (Leto) enters the real world.

And in Tron: Legacy, the Grid was not hooked up to the Internet. It was an isolated system, which is why CLU was having a hard time getting out into the "real" world and needed Flynn's code identity disc to travel back through the portal (I'm assuming it was a DNA lock, and since CLU was a digital copy of Flynn, it would work).

I assume the only way that Sam was able to bring Quora with him into the real world was because he was a user.

I have a hunch that Tron 3 doesn't deal with "games". At all. It's about another Grid, whose main character (Leto) enters the real world.

And in Tron: Legacy, the Grid was not hooked up to the Internet. It was an isolated system, which is why CLU was having a hard time getting out into the "real" world and needed Flynn's code identity disc to travel back through the portal (I'm assuming it was a DNA lock, and since CLU was a digital copy of Flynn, it would work).

I assume the only way that Sam was able to bring Quora with him into the real world was because he was a user.

Not to get too much into what I thought was wrong with Tron Legacy. But the movie never explained the whole beeper thing with Alan. How that call was able to leave the system or who made it. Nor did it explain what systems were in The Grid. If it was just Flynn's personal experiment, a bunch of systems from Encom, etc. It was obviously upgraded videogames that we never saw in arcade, PC, or console form going from the first part of the movie. But that could also be just lazy modern movie making. Copying the structure of the original movie like we see many times today. Which would have worked well in a videogame movie where levels are shown.

And the whole needing disc and disc switch thing at the end was also messy. Since Legacy didn't establish the basics of the transportation. Remember the original movie had the thing with the orange and Alan joking about going to Hawaii. I haven't seen Legacy in a while but I kind of remember the plot about needing Flynn's disc. Yet if Quorra was going to and did escape. Surely she would need her disc and information unless Flynn copied her data to his disc. But that was something we never saw. Unless I missed it when he was repairing her on the Solar Sailer. That could have pushed into sci-fi horror territory since Quorra was using Flynn's biological elements in the Real World yet still being female because of her coding. But I didn't like the whole ISO thing coming from no where with 1980s computer technology. Although I like Quorra's character.

Plus the nature of Clu. I thought I was one of the few that picked up that Flynn was most likely making some kind of linked copy of himself in that creation scene. Yet Clu in the original was just a hacking program. We aren't told or I can't remember why Flynn would copy himself to make a program to help create a world. And if Clu was a copy then Clu's disc should work on the exit. But we never saw Flynn modify Clu. The younger Clu copy would explain Flynn's behavior. And why the merger at the end would end up most likely killing Flynn. But nothing explained why Flynn looked older while trapped inside the system. Nor why Clu being a copy would do the things he was doing.

And by the way, I hated seeing Tron floating to the bottom of the water. And Alan not even looking or wondering what happened to his program. Unless it was a copied Tron program. Who knows.

Not to get too much into what I thought was wrong with Tron Legacy. But the movie never explained the whole beeper thing with Alan. How that call was able to leave the system or who made it.
It was explained in the Flynn Lives ARG. Roy "Ram" Kleinberg (the actual user who created the Ram program from the first film, who was the guy who asked Alan if he could have some of his pop corn when Alan left his desk to go see Dillinger) and the members of Flynn Lives are responsible. What happened was that Roy created the Flynn Lives website and formed the group with Alan secretly backing it. During the events of the ARG, Roy found access to an old telephone system that appeared tied to Flynn's Arcade and needed Flynn Lives members to help him with it (it was the last moment of the ARG). They temporarily reconnected the phoneline, which allowed CLU to send the page to Alan. I know it may sound like that ARGs don't count, but when it comes to transmedia experiences, TRON was probably the second most successful one (mostly because of the miscommunication between Marvel Comics and the film and game's productions, as for how the ISOs are first introduced differs in the comic and one character in the comic is named something different in the game).

It was explained in the Flynn Lives ARG. Roy "Ram" Kleinberg (the actual user who created the Ram program from the first film, who was the guy who asked Alan if he could have some of his pop corn when Alan left his desk to go see Dillinger) and the members of Flynn Lives are responsible. What happened was that Roy created the Flynn Lives website and formed the group with Alan secretly backing it. During the events of the ARG, Roy found access to an old telephone system that appeared tied to Flynn's Arcade and needed Flynn Lives members to help him with it (it was the last moment of the ARG). They temporarily reconnected the phoneline, which allowed CLU to send the page to Alan. I know it may sound like that ARGs don't count, but when it comes to transmedia experiences, TRON was probably the second most successful one (mostly because of the miscommunication between Marvel Comics and the film and game's productions, as for how the ISOs are first introduced differs in the comic and one character in the comic is named something different in the game).

I don't know why I didn't play the Tron Legacy live game. I vaguely remember it being in certain cities. But still the plot point with the beeper is far too big to leave to a side game. That's something that needed to be explained in the movie.

I don't know why I didn't play the Tron Legacy live game. I vaguely remember it being in certain cities. But still the plot point with the beeper is far too big to leave to a side game. That's something that needed to be explained in the movie.
The game had some live events in certain cities, but most of it was online (especially the beeper event). The page from the arcade is mentioned in TRON: The Next Day (which also includes footage from some of the live ARG events).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back