TRON 3 ?!

At Walt Disney World last year my family and I experienced Tron: Lightcycle Run. It's a fun (if short) roller coaster, that definitely puts you in the Grid.

But there's NO TRON AT ALL in the ride. He's not represented, not mentioned, not pictured, not animated, not referenced, no voiceover from Bruce Boxleitner... nothing.

During the ride queue at the big reveal, you are "digitized" onto the Grid, but the ride voice says: "Users, prepare to be digitized into the world of TRON." It's as if Disney forgot that TRON is a character, not a city/place/name of the Grid. The ride does not really integrate the story of the TRON movies, although it does have one of the Sirens from TRON: Legacy give the safety spiel, and the coaster cars are designed to look like the TRON: Legacy Lightcycles.

And TRON: Legacy BARELY even had TRON in the film at all, ala Luke Skywalker in TFA. So I have no idea if Disney is getting Bruce back for at LEAST a cameo in the new film (TRON: Legacy left the schizophrenic Rinzler character turning back into TRON at the last minute, never to be seen again).

But they did get Bruce and Cindy (RIP) out last March for the grand opening, and Bruce went on the ride.

Well if we follow the Tron Uprising story it was supposed to tell the story of how a partially derezzed Tron got corrupted into Rinzler, but also that he was training Beck to be the next Tron. I was hoping for a continuation of that story, but I would still like to see the original Tron either bringing in the next Tron or becoming a Tron 2.0 version of himself, like how the original Clu was derezzed so Flynn programmed a Clu 2.0 who ironically becomes the major villain of the system after the MCP is gone.
But I'd also be okay if they Luke Skywalker'd Tron in that the use Boxleitner's face on a new actor so he could do all the awesome fighting he was doing in Uprising. He was pretty much Batman in that, but limited in that he would have to return to his proverbial Batcave to recharge himself after short periods of time. Although being that Rinzler was fully whole and reverted back into Tron that may not even be necessary.

At Walt Disney World last year my family and I experienced Tron: Lightcycle Run. It's a fun (if short) roller coaster, that definitely puts you in the Grid.

But there's NO TRON AT ALL in the ride. He's not represented, not mentioned, not pictured, not animated, not referenced, no voiceover from Bruce Boxleitner... nothing.

During the ride queue at the big reveal, you are "digitized" onto the Grid, but the ride voice says: "Users, prepare to be digitized into the world of TRON." It's as if Disney forgot that TRON is a character, not a city/place/name of the Grid. The ride does not really integrate the story of the TRON movies, although it does have one of the Sirens from TRON: Legacy give the safety spiel, and the coaster cars are designed to look like the TRON: Legacy Lightcycles.

And TRON: Legacy BARELY even had TRON in the film at all, ala Luke Skywalker in TFA. So I have no idea if Disney is getting Bruce back for at LEAST a cameo in the new film (TRON: Legacy left the schizophrenic Rinzler character turning back into TRON at the last minute, never to be seen again).

But they did get Bruce and Cindy (RIP) out last March for the grand opening, and Bruce went on the ride.

Its funny how people forget its his name....NOT the world.
I like that little video, had never seen that.
Back of his jacket says Tron. I see someone saying, oh, you liked the movie too....and him being like, No, its MY name tag....lol.

The reason for the lack of no images of TRON himself may have to do with the fact that Boxlietner swore to never work on any other projects for Disney due to them throwing over TRON fans for Star Wars.

Well if we follow the Tron Uprising story it was supposed to tell the story of how a partially derezzed Tron got corrupted into Rinzler, but also that he was training Beck to be the next Tron.

Right, in Tron: Uprising, Tron and Beck were attempting to recast the idea of "Tron" as bigger than any individual, like a Batman. Or like the "V for Vendetta" Guy Fawkes masked persons. Tron was starting a rebellion against Clu, and needed something bigger than himself.

The reason for the lack of no images of TRON himself may have to do with the fact that Boxlietner swore to never work on any other projects for Disney due to them throwing over TRON fans for Star Wars.

Say what you want about Disney, but they still have industry clout and ways of convincing people to "move along." Money makes strange bedfellows. If Bruce was willing to tout the new attraction for Disney World, I can see the possibility (at least) that he might be coaxed to change his mind RE: Tron 3.

...but maybe not.

Last edited:
I think fairly or unfairly, Leto has the stigma of coming from the pop music world and not having to pay his "acting dues" so to speak. I haven't really watched any of the movies he's been in to judge but I find him to be very pretentious in the brief interviews I've seen with him.

There's also that other guy whose name I can't remember from that pop group I can't remember lol. He made a cameo in one of the Marvel movies. Seems like Hollywood tried to manufacture a film career for him as well.

I think fairly or unfairly, Leto has the stigma of coming from the pop music world and not having to pay his "acting dues" so to speak. I haven't really watched any of the movies he's been in to judge but I find him to be very pretentious in the brief interviews I've seen with him.

There's also that other guy whose name I can't remember from that pop group I can't remember lol. He made a cameo in one of the Marvel movies. Seems like Hollywood tried to manufacture a film career for him as well.
Leto was never in any Pop group.

He started acting in '92 & got the role in My So Called Life in '94.

His first & only music group is 30 Seconds to Mars, which he started with his brother in '98. Pretty sure most people consider them either Rock or Alternative Rock.

Leto was never in any Pop group.

He started acting in '92 & got the role in My So Called Life in '94.

His first & only music group is 30 Seconds to Mars, which he started with his brother in '98. Pretty sure most people consider them either Rock or Alternative Rock.
Ah okay. I never listened to them. I got the impression they were mainstream pop.

Leto is rumored to have a thing for underage girls. That's been around for a while.

He did some pretty inappropriate/unprofessional stuff in the name of method acting for that Joker role. I can't remember the details but I remember thinking he needed an ass-kicking. (Isn't it funny how "staying in character" never leads to actors doing nice things for others? It's usually invoked for an excuse to be a jerk.)

A couple years ago Leto made the news again for holding an uncomfortably cultish festival for his band that attracted young female followers. A secluded island, big fees to attend, etc. He openly joked about it being a cult in attempt to diffuse the rumors. I dunno what the current status of that mess is.

(Seriously. That's Leto in the pic.)
QNjv4BqxhalRFf3GOhCnwV4GGa5gCWyzN4F4lubUzqPU80Naxg.jpg

Nothing to see here. This middle-aged guy with a Messiah complex is totally not preying on young fans for sex/money/etc. This kind of story never leads to allegations & prosecutors & lawyers later on. There totally won't be comments like "everybody kinda knew about it" and "the signs look obvious in hindsight." Everything's fine.

Last edited:
I though he did alright in Fight Club and Requiem for a Dream. Maybe as he has gotten more famous, its made him more weird and doing things that people don't really like.
I don't follow any of the stuff he does unless its so insane, everyones talking about it here.

Also there is history of him allegedly doing bad things....

Quote from the article:

"The film follows Jared Leto’s titular character, Ares, described as a program from the Grid—the virtual world of Tron’s gaming world and broader tech program research—who enters the real world."

Hmm. I'll reserve judgement, but a Tron sequel without the titular Tron and not set inside the computer world?

That said, the character of Tron was never the main character, despite the title. Jeff Bridges' Flynn, and Flynn's son, were the pimary protagonists in the two previous films. But I understand his importance. I thought the animated Tron Uprising was great - probably under-watched/appreciated - and liked that Boxleitner reprised his role and what they did with the character. I thought the show had great visuals, stories, and voice acting - Elijah Wood, Lance Henrickson joined Boxleitner, along with Mandy Moore, and honestly too many great names to keep listing (seriously, check out the cast list of regulars and guests). I remeber seeing that Disney + had put the series on their service a while back, but it was inexplicably missing a bunch of episodes. Not sure if this ever was remedied.

I loved Tron as a kid, but I have to admit, the concept is pretty silly: a guy gets "digitized" and finds himself in a world "inside" computers, where programs take human form, speak english, and have a social hierarchy and miltary conflict.

At some point, I realized this is basically a remake of "The Wizard of Oz." Not saying that's bad, just that things make more sense when you view it that way.

I loved Tron as a kid, but I have to admit, the concept is pretty silly: a guy gets "digitized" and finds himself in a world "inside" computers, where programs take human form, speak english, and have a social hierarchy and miltary conflict.

I agree. The second movie was surprisingly good but the franchise is totally dated at the concept level. It's built on a 1970s-80s public perception of computers.

People knew the show was goofy fiction even in 1982. But the filmmakers could get away with it. The audience's specific understanding of computers/software was still fuzzy enough that they could suspend disbelief.

The 'Terminator' franchise is also running out of time. Cameron's two movies gave us a more accurate prediction than most sci-fi ever does. But no predicton can withstand the damage of the future dates & tech actually arriving.

At some point, I realized this is basically a remake of "The Wizard of Oz." Not saying that's bad, just that things make more sense when you view it that way.

And don't forget the old Cooper hockey helmets. It ain't 'Tron' without those.

Last edited:
So they’re going to go with the always lame “fish out of water” story so they don’t have to spend a lot of money on sets and SPFX. Sounds like it’ll be more like Automan, cue up wacky scene where the computer man can’t figure out how to use a toaster.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back