TRON 3 ?!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by DaddyfromNaboo, Mar 10, 2015.

1. DaddyfromNaboo

DaddyfromNaboo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/70661

It would be really cool to revisit the world of TRON, and even only if that gives the TRON guy a reason to make a few more media appearances ;)

2. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

Daft Punk or nothing!

3. ProfKSergeev

ProfKSergeev Well-Known Member

I would love to see Kosinski return to the grid. Never understood the vitriol directed at Legacy; it was near perfect.

4. FordPrefect

FordPrefect Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Would be so glad to see another Tron movie !

5. CessnaDriver

CessnaDriver Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Make it so!

6. Sundowner

Sundowner Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Its been 5 years since Legacy?!

EmmaInCandyland and YenChih Lin like this.
  7. Trooper_trent

Trooper_trent Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

If they do this, they should totally go this route for "in the grid". Seems like a perfect mix of the original 80's cg and current.

[video=vimeo;117890578]https://vimeo.com/117890578[/video]

8. hdtheater

hdtheater Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

and the soundtrack has not left my playlist since. Loved Legacy and ready for another!

jaganar and Vacformedhero like this.
  9. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

I don't mind Daft Punk. But I wouldn't mind Giorgio Moroder either.

Plus, who didn't see this coming? I mean, Bruce Boxlietner stated many times that a TRON 3 was on its way. I'm just hoping that Cindy Morgan gets brought in to play Lora Bradley/Yori again. I also wouldn't mind if they used a lot more of the story from the TRON 2.0 game (especially bring in Jet Bradley to be the Han Solo to Sam Flynn's Luke Skywalker).

10. Sundowner

Sundowner Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Ya seriously! The soundtrack is fantastic

YenChih Lin and CB2001 like this.
  11. hdtheater

hdtheater Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I enjoyed Uprising as well and was disappointed when it was cancelled. I grabbed the soundtrack for it and grabbed the EP of unreleased tracks as well. Good stuff!

12. PoopaPapaPalps

PoopaPapaPalps Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

If anything, bring Alberto Mielgo to the movie franchise. His art direction on Uprising surpassed and expanded what the original and Legacy did.

YenChih Lin and CB2001 like this.
  13. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

Cillian Murphy's gotta eat!

- - - Updated - - -

We were guaranteed a new Tron movie when Disney decided to stick a Tron coaster in the new Shanghai Disneyland.

14. SiriusGen

SiriusGen New Member

I thought Legacy was great. Obsviously loved the original from my childhood. Got myself a few replica parts from RPF and elsewhere. Quite looking forward to another session on The Grid... :)

CB2001 likes this.
  15. Nth

Nth Well-Known Member

I've always loved Tron, from the first movie and Intellivision games to the second movie and the TV series. Unfortunately with the cancellation of the TV series we never got to see the story of Tron becoming Rinzler, but hopefully in the new movie we'll see the resurrection of Tron.

Crimson490, YenChih Lin and CB2001 like this.
  16. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

I'm wondering if maybe we'll be lucky and get another ARG like Flynn Lives (more potential replicas to add to the collection. :D ).

YenChih Lin likes this.
  17. Wakeem

Wakeem Well-Known Member

Please no!

Far from it. Someone asked me for my thoughts years ago and I wrote a paper on it. Thankfully no one asked about Star Trek into Darkness.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=134047&page=4&p=2163577&viewfull=1#post2163577

This looks really cool. I think they were making an electric DeLorean. I need to search and see what happened to that project.

18. ProfKSergeev

ProfKSergeev Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    jaganar and CB2001 like this.
  19. WingdSoldier

WingdSoldier Jr Member

Excellent news!

20. Laspector

Laspector Sr Member

I agree. This actually looks more like a TRON world than Legacy did. I don't really have a problem with Legacy other than it just doesn't seem like a TRON movie to me. Feels more "matrixy" to me. And taking away the 90 degree turns on the lightcycles just completely blew it for me. When I saw that in the theater it was the coolest thing ever!! Without it, its not a lightcycle. On the game grid, they should do the 90 turn.

Axlotl likes this.
  21. The Terminator

The Terminator Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I just wanna know what the hell is taking them so long? Legacy was great and did good at the box office..... I Believe :confused

22. Clutch

Clutch Master Member

I need another Flynn Lives shirt!

CB2001 likes this.
  23. YenChih Lin

YenChih Lin Sr Member

Ladies and Gentlemen… fire up your Laser Digitizer and your Identity Discs, we going back to the grid!

CB2001 likes this.
  24. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

This is how Tron 3 should be...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
    Axlotl likes this.
  25. niennumb1

niennumb1 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Aside from the noticeable CG of young Flynn and then some of the Clu stuff (which come on, it was very well done and close overall) I thought it was a pretty perfect film. The look and feel of everything was right and I loved even the stuff before the grid happened. The revisit to the arcade, the music, the tone... It was all so well done.

Kosinski must direct this one as well. Legacy was SOOOO awesome.

26. airair

airair Sr Member

I agree. On top of that, it still looks visually stunning considering we are 5 years later.

27. Axlotl

Axlotl Master Member

I liked Legacy, but it didn't feel like Tron to me.
    The first one was like nothing we had ever seen before. It was so strangely beautiful...
    Legacy just looked like any other post-matrix sci-fi movie.
    The vid TrooperTrent posted is closer to what I wanted from a new Tron film.
    I'd like to be excited for more Tron, but I'm not...

28. bwayne64

bwayne64 Well-Known Member

This is one of those movies where the music is almost better than the visuals. I mean I can listen to this stuff all day. Of course Olivia Wildes not bad either.

29. Jeyl

Jeyl Master Member

The music for Tron Legacy was flat out perfect. If they're not coming back for the next one, well, whoever does the music has huge freaking shoes to fill.

Thinking back on Tron Legacy, I do feel like the film could have done more with it's digital setting. Making everything look practical just didn't feel like TRON. Some argued that this was because computers got so advanced that they got more realistic. No! That's not how it should work! Things should be more AWESOME! The way all those parts of the Recognizers never being attached is a staple in the look of TRON and they're not here. Ugh. What a drag that was.

30. lewhitewizard

lewhitewizard New Member

absolutely love tron, hope there is going to be a third one.

31. JLeezy23

JLeezy23 Sr Member

CB2001 likes this.
  32. Laspector

Laspector Sr Member

Yeah, but young Flynn wasn't supposed to be a digital copy and he looked like crap, too.

33. madmikeee

madmikeee Sr Member

Just an example of too high expectations. Everyone thinks that with 3d rendering it is so easy to create lifelike creatures. When it comes to humans it is not even remotely easy in the least. Creatures, critters, aliens etc ARE because you can fake what they would look like in the real world, humans, on the other hand, are well known. There are THOUSANDS of muscles in the face alone that we use, not to mention reflection/refraction of light on our skin. To render a perfect 3d model of a STATIC image of skin would take HUNDREDS of hours, now animate that and try to make it look natural. It is far too cost prohibitive.

I thought they did an excellent job with what they had.

Riceball, B-Movie Zombie and Solo4114 like this.
  34. Riceball

Riceball Sr Member

Agreed. The other thing to consider is that we're all intimately familiar with the human face so that any small thing that's off will be noticed, even if we can't quite place our fingers on it.

35. Laspector

Laspector Sr Member

Yes, that is all well and good. I had no problem whatsoever with CLU looking the way he did. He is a program, fine, but they could have EASILY written that story where you never saw young Flynn and problem solved.

36. madmikeee

madmikeee Sr Member

Your logic is flawed. Everyone in the grid is a program and yet they ALL looked normal except for CLU. Not trying to start an internet argument here, just explaining the reality of modern CGI. If they deleted (pun intended) young Flynn for the reasons you presented then they should have kept CLU's visage out as well.

37. JLeezy23

JLeezy23 Sr Member

They could've went black and white with fuzz for the opening Young Flynn scene, like how they did when he remembers spending time with Sam during the last scenes. It was a memory/flashback so they could've made it visually different than the rest of the scenes, or went straight audio.
    Another way to explain CLU looking more program-y than everyone else is because Flynn made him "perfect" and he's better than the rest of the population, which could be why CLU wants to repurpose everyone to make them even better. Guy doesn't dig imperfection lol

harrisonp likes this.
  38. madmikeee

madmikeee Sr Member

I see all this criticism and nobody just looking at what was accomplished technologically with Faux Flynn / CLU. This has got to be the BEST CGI animated rendering of a human ever, Give it 10-20 more years of advancement and all of Hollywood will be voice actors.
    [​IMG]

Riceball, JLeezy23 and Vacformedhero like this.
  39. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

[​IMG]

Yeah, I don't see how that looks like crap. I guess it's the uncanny valley factor.

Riceball likes this.
  40. madmikeee

madmikeee Sr Member

I kind of understand peoples dislikes, it's not the texture it was the motion of the facial muscles, as I stated above, people fail to realize that it takes hundreds of muscle strands to animate our faces in the most basic way and everyone's facial muscles move differently. To accomplish that using CGI would be an ENORMOUS job and hugely cost prohibitive with our current level of technology. But for what it was it was incredible for me to see how far we have come since movies like Final Fantasy : The spirits within and other like movies where they really tried to emulate photo-realism using CGI.

41. Satxer

Satxer Sr Member

My only gripe with Young Flynn/Clu, was the mouth movements didn't look normal when he talked at times. But, that I can forgive, they did an amazing job.

Better than Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions, they at least got in 5 oclock shadow in Tron, Keanu...none at all.

42. The Terminator

The Terminator Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Um, yeah they did ;)
    reloadedbrawl.jpg

43. Laspector

Laspector Sr Member

It is not flawed logic. It is an opinion, just like yours.

44. Electronic Lids

Electronic Lids Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Looking forward immensely

45. Satxer

Satxer Sr Member

Fair enough, I must not have noticed it. Either way, the point was Tron was miles ahead with the CGI, and I think they did a great job.

46. JD

JD Master Member

47. CPTRogers

CPTRogers Well-Known Member

Please Tron 3!

48. PoopaPapaPalps

PoopaPapaPalps Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Well, looks like my Tron 3 script just got another chance.

49. harrisonp

harrisonp Well-Known Member

50. blewis17

blewis17 Sr Member

Maybe Disney is moving Kosinski to a SW film