Trigun Revolver-Need Help

MrBugSlayer

I just got a 3-piece Vash Trigun model kit today. Unfortunately, it is from a notorious recaster much discussed on this web site, a fact I was totally unaware of at the time of purchase. Now to the meat of the problem: the quality is seriously lacking (surprise!).

I'm not a noob at modelling, but I don't quite know how to go about making this kit something worth keeping. Nothing is square, straight or anything. Short of using the kit as a base for a total remake, I'm at a loss.

If I could get a quality kit, I would send this back in a heartbeat. As it is, this is the ONLY kit available out there that I could find. Thanks in advance for any help you would care to offer. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If you throw a photo of your kit and a photo of what the finished piece should look like, some folks might be able to weigh in on specific materials/techniques to clean it up.

Without knowing what either looks like, I'd say that bondo + sanding can fix a myriad of badness.

If the barrel is curved you can boil it and then bend it straight. Bondo is your best bet for small imperfections. I'd be interested in seeing a pic, I might be able to give more advice then.

If I keep the kit, I'll post pics. I'm thinking that bondo, sheet styrene, epoxy, and elbow grease are going to be in order. The kit parts are not just rough, but distorted. That's about the best I can describe without pics.

I'm pretty sure I know of the kit you are talking about, I believe it's a recasted Poseidon. The ones I have seen are horrible and is the main reason I built my own from scratch.

This is a screenshot of the gun in the Anime,
View attachment 92354

I'm working on molds of my build so I can offer a kit myself, but as I'm learning moldmaking techniques as I go, it's been a slow process.
vashs-longcolt-45-scratchbuild-trigun-new-pics-mail.google.com1.jpg-88032d1332293229

I know Brian Johnson of Johnson Arms has painted a few of those recasts, he my have some tips.

Last edited:
Don't worry. Rook is going to have a run of his trigun kits in a couple of weeks. One of the best resin kits imo. Really accurate + functionals(doesn't shoot through :(
If you have the money and if you really want a good trigun kit.
It's going to be like $150 shipped.

I bought one of those solid resin of the trigun and it is VERY INACCURATE.

Lines goes in instead of out. The top of the gun is like curving left and right instead of being straight. My only guess is to sand it off and trying to make it look good. The kit is pretty bad since I have one myself but pretty much gave up on it since it isn't what I expected...

Well, I may regret this decision, but I've decided to go ahead and see what I can do with this kit. I'll be posting pic's, but will start another thread for the build. Now all I gotta do is find some time to play!

I'm considering picking up a Schofield revolver replica and building off of that. It will already have everything you need for the flip open action, as I see it there are two major fabrication challenges.

1. Adding length to the cylinder and frame, the 45 colt is a little longer that the 45 Schofield.

2. Moving the barrel to the bottom chamber and adding the "angel arm" components.

I've considered the Schofield route also. You would need to rework the grip to get it slanted like the Trigun model and then add a complete new barrel assembly. Maybe I'll go this route, but it seems like a complete scratch-built or a decent resin model would be in order.

Those casting are REALLY terrible.
Everything is really inaccurate and it's just a disappointment once you get it. Don't spend your money on it.

thanks for the heads up! it's kinda disappointing that as popular as TRIGUN is there aren't many places to get replicas for it.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back