Tricorder Board with Arduino

EchoOne

Hi guys,

I am starting a project to build a script for the arduino board to run and interact with an tricorder.
Change the led color, the speed, the direction. Maybe I can integrate a lcd screen to play animation on it.

This project is nothing to sell. My wish is to build a complete program for the arduino and to improve it. I have a few kits here. I started today but i have to buy a few more things to control the program by buttons.

What do you think. Someone have any experience with that?

Looking forward for your interessting answers

I would be very interested with what you develop. I am just starting to look into using Arduino to replace some of my current electronics. I have to purchase an Arduino starter kit so I can teach myself how to write the script. Any suggestions?

Hi Gerry,

at this moment I have the first top circuit finish. It is nothing complex. But the most interssting thing is, I react on user input. At this moment I can change the speed of the scanning top bar and the direction. From inside to outside or outside to inside.

I think every book is a good way. I am a computer scientist . I did this many time in my university. :) But the arduino one is the best little board i have ever used :)
But I want create a complete circuit to insert the arduino directly. At this moment I am using only led and no screen. But this is the next step. And I am interessted in setup a little bit more "really" tricorder in it :)
So I can insert a few sensors to show light, sound, radiation. Nothing new I know, but maybe it is interessting to use in a real stapelton kit :)

You can look everywhere but I would suggest to buy at first the uno or mega. It helps to develop step by step.

Oh as you wish I can show you a video in the next day of my led boards.

Best whises from Germany

André

Excited to see what you come up with!

A proximity sensor might be nice too. The closer you get an object in front of you the faster a sound beeps perhaps.

Long time left :)

Now I have a video :)
Without sensors at the moment and only as a small test project. It was important to see if this possible.
And two red less are missing. I have to wait for an 16 output chip :)
[video]https://youtu.be/AachmCMLEOA[/video]

Long time left :)

Now I have a video :)
Without sensors at the moment and only as a small test project. It was important to see if this possible.
And two red less are missing. I have to wait for an 16 output chip :)
https://youtu.be/AachmCMLEOA

That looks great! You are making progress.

I am still waiting for my Arduino Uno Development board to arrive. Then I can offer my help to you.

Hi Gerry :)
the source code is for a normal tricorder is finish :)
The problem is, that the normal arduino does not has no more core CPU. So there is no parallel threads. :(
I used a thread library to set up the three led circles autonom.

Thats work fine. I will add in future function for speed up the lights with a button, start and end sound and make beeps :)

At this moment I have only one big problem :) I don't understand shift registers. Yes I am computer scientist, but but for applied computer science :) That means I can build a complete architecture of a computer system. I speak a few computer languages. But I am not familiar with hardware components. So I am looking for a good explanation for making two 8 bit registers to a 16 register :)
Using the arduino :)

If I am finish with that, I can post the source code here for every one to use. And also the plan to make a board. What do you think?

André

I'd love it! I've dabbled in Arduino programming, and soldering components is something I find very relaxing. :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back