Tribute Mushroomhead mask sculpt (WIP)

Mazoku Studio

well first thing first sup people i'm new to this forum and i'm new to sculpting and everything and well i found this forum searching for things people have made to give me inspiration and well here i em :D

this is the 1st thing i have Ever sculpted

this is a tribute to the band mushroomhead i didn't want something that looks like the exact mask's they have, i'm just not wanting something that looks exactly like what they have this is just a tribute mask that i can wear at there concerts maybe even Halloween

sense my Favorite band member is St1tch i decided to go with the style of it (how the x face is placed on his mask) i also went with the shape of it (skull shape) i have had people tell me that the shape of it looks like scorpion from mortal kombat witch is cool with me sense scorpion is my Favorite char in the game,
i decided to add some horns because they don't have any horns and it would separate there mask and mine (plus who doesn't like horns lol) i still want to add more to it and add more details to it but atm i'm a little lost as in i don't know what to add to it that will complete the mask. i don't want to just add a bunch of crap that doesn't complement each other

tribute_mushroomhead_mask_sculpt___wip__by_mazoku_studios-d5dcn23.jpg

looking for CnC and maybe some suggestions on what else i can do with it to make it look complete

here is st1tch's mask
253282_418910808153743_1621418546_n.jpg

Here are some actual mask that the band wears

1323790159-mushroomhead.jpg

looking at there masks and looking at mine, mine just looks plain and dull which is horrible i want mine to look bad*** like theres lol

anyways sorry for the essay lol and give me some CnC or what ever :D

Looking good to me so far! Most of the members of MRH live pretty close to my house, great band. I tried sculpting on of their masks a few years ago, those X's are a pain in the ass around the eye.

I have always wanted to build their masks. I love the band as well.

I say your mask is pretty close. It looks like it just needs texture added to the smooth surfaces. That I think would complete the look. As it stands it just looks too 'clean' for a mask.

I'd like to see this finished. Are you going to finish it all the way to the silicone stage? I mean, cast in silicone.
Have you seen
CORPKA - YouTube ?

Since they create the masks and they have behind the scenes feeatures, maybe you can get more reference from there.

thx

i plain on making a mask of it when i finish it
i just don't have the money for the supplies i need, i only got a armature and the clay lol so it might be awhile before i post the finished product of it but i will be posting the changes i make to the sculpt

Like DethBecomesYou said, I think texturing the mask could do a lot for it. It looks like a pretty consistent texture could be applied as a base to some of the other dips in the mask.

I've found that an easy way to apply a consistent texture to something like this is to make your own texture stamps. Take a small piece of clay, flatten it out, and sculpt a small pattern onto it. Once the texture is there, take the flat, textured clay and bend it so that it makes almost a banana shape. Make sure all of the edges are rounded, add a small bit of clay to the non-textured side (for a handle) then bake it off.

Once it's hardened, you can roll the stamp across your piece to create the texture across the entire piece. I have made several different but similar stamps in the past to texture a piece, some bigger for the large areas and some smaller for the tight spots

Like DethBecomesYou said, I think texturing the mask could do a lot for it. It looks like a pretty consistent texture could be applied as a base to some of the other dips in the mask.

I've found that an easy way to apply a consistent texture to something like this is to make your own texture stamps. Take a small piece of clay, flatten it out, and sculpt a small pattern onto it. Once the texture is there, take the flat, textured clay and bend it so that it makes almost a banana shape. Make sure all of the edges are rounded, add a small bit of clay to the non-textured side (for a handle) then bake it off.

Once it's hardened, you can roll the stamp across your piece to create the texture across the entire piece. I have made several different but similar stamps in the past to texture a piece, some bigger for the large areas and some smaller for the tight spots

thanks for the idea :D

can some one tell me a good non expensive air brush kit.
I cant afford a top of the line air brush kit because i'm a single father of 2 and between them and bills i'm not left with a lot of moneys.
I have to save for stuff i want lol so i would say my budget on a airbrush kit would be about 150$ give or take.
If u can send me a link to a website for the airbrush kit or what ever it would be very much appreciated :D

Iwata Neo CN Gravity-Feed Dual Action Airbrush | Shop Hobby Lobby

It is only $64.99 but if you get their mailer or sign up for their emails, you can save 40%!

I have seen people talk this brush down but for the price and being almost identical to an iwata airbrush, it can't be beat. I use both an Aztec and this Neo. The Neo is far better. The next best, IMHO is an actual iwata. Neo is not made by iwata but the packaging makes it look that way. It is made by a chinese company and iwata slaps their name on the packaging. They are built the same just with slightly cheaper parts. Also, anything made for iwata can be used in the Neo. Replacement parts, needles, caps etc.

Very nice idea...working on a sculpt myself now, of St1tch naturally! Mine is sort of a pulling away Old School half to the new "Zombie" half.....naming it the "Never Let it Go"... Just received my Monster Makers kit, but just taking my time with the sculpt.......Best of Luck, hope this is turning out. Z.

I would say that the shape of the eye needs to come up a but at the brow to look meaner and it needs the dripping lines down to the bottom of the mask below the cheek bone area and mouth but it's looking really good

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back