Tri Lazer Layout...

SILVER DREDATOR

Has anyone noticed that most fan based copies of the predator mask happen to be slightly incorrect despite how many look so good??
After looking at many different re-designs of the predator helmet, it seems really strange to me that no one has yet tried to solve this problem.

If you look at any re-design, you can quite clearly see that the tri-lazer that the predator aims at someone with is a typical 3 dot pattern.

In comparrison to the films, you can see that the tri lazer is actually made up of 3 red lines.....

So I pose a question for all in the Lair, how do you think this problem can be ressolved? Do you think by modifying the helmet, it will give a better effect with the 3 red lines like in the film?

I have an idea of how this problem can be ressolved, and basically it is to obtain a larger lazer and stencil out the 3 red lines from an aluminium cover plate that can then be glued to the lazer used. In theory this would give a more effective look on the lazer, but this has not been yet put into practice.

If anyone has any other good ideas about how the predator helmet can be made more effective with respect to the lazer please let me know as I am very interested.

Cheers

Your confusing the targeting with the actual laser indicator. The visual in the bio that the pred sees is the lines.

Predator_24.jpg

But if you really wanted lines then yes. I have seen laser pointers use a stencil to make shapes like harts and words.

This post confused me at first, but now I understand what you meant. When you see the tri-laser pattern in the line form, what you are seeing is actually inside the Bio helmet displayed on the screen - its not the actual laser.

Predator_37.jpg

It changes color to white for targeting lock:
Predator_39.jpg

The actual tri-laser in the Bio is the physical representation of the laser targeting:
Predator_38.jpg

Has anyone noticed that most fan based copies of the predator mask happen to be slightly incorrect despite how many look so good??
After looking at many different re-designs of the predator helmet, it seems really strange to me that no one has yet tried to solve this problem.

If you look at any re-design, you can quite clearly see that the tri-lazer that the predator aims at someone with is a typical 3 dot pattern.

In comparrison to the films, you can see that the tri lazer is actually made up of 3 red lines.....

So I pose a question for all in the Lair, how do you think this problem can be ressolved? Do you think by modifying the helmet, it will give a better effect with the 3 red lines like in the film?

I have an idea of how this problem can be ressolved, and basically it is to obtain a larger lazer and stencil out the 3 red lines from an aluminium cover plate that can then be glued to the lazer used. In theory this would give a more effective look on the lazer, but this has not been yet put into practice.

If anyone has any other good ideas about how the predator helmet can be made more effective with respect to the lazer please let me know as I am very interested.

Cheers

The lines if you will notice are in any scene with fog or smoky conditions, fog in the jungle, cigar smoke in the Penthouse Predator 2. I got pics of me in my suits with tri laser lines popping the camera, it was in clubs with fog machines. The laser does make lines always but only visible if its smoked out.

Nice one, I just had a response off someone else about that, going to buy and check out the quality though before incorporating it.... I can be a bit of a perfectionist some times and tend to change my mind about things quite often.

thanks very much for the info though, much appreciated :)

Hi there, cheers for the info... someone pointed this out to me and now it makes sense.
I think I may still toy with the idea of the 3 red lines though to see what difference it makes and see which of the 2 are best.
It is a bit different like you pointed out but no one has done this yet so might try it anyway.
I really appreciate the feedback, its good to get info off other more experienced predator fans so not to make too many mistakes when designing something :)

Hey man, nice to hear that someone else has thought of this.
I got told though by other guys that this is wrong and that the 3 lines is how the predator sees the target through his bio-mask and that really is is 3 dots.
Having said that, you have obviously noticed something I have notices and actually made it.
What did you think of the outcome of this? Would you choose the 3 lines or the 3 dots? I really want to get my design right and make sure I choose the correct option.
Cheers

although three dots is screen accurate, i think three lines would look pretty damn cool and could still be considered canon to pred tech.

I think you may need to quote replies in your posts...I have absolutely no idea what you're referring to with any of your answers there.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back