Transit time for SAL from HLJ? One week!

jakob2121

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Anybody have an estimate to the US? I ordered something from them via SAL and the only reference I can find is 2-3 months (listed from another site).

Edited to add - they had it listed as shipping last monday, and it came in today.

SAL can be anywhere from about 2 weeks to about 4 months. I know that's a big ranger bt that's the truth. Generally if I get something by SAL from Japan it takes about 2-3 weeks.

Ryu

A friend at work has used SAL before... took about 6-7 weeks for two packages that were about half the size of a standard comic book box. That's to the mid-west. Less expensive, but a real nail-biter and just incredibly slow compared to other options.

I recall reading something about Hobbylink in the past that stated they take and pack orders until a shipping container is full (to save on their bulk-shipping costs), then it all goes to the States. A slow ordering period, no big orders, enroute shipping delays and whammo, you're hit with a huge delay.
I suspect something similar is happening.

On the plus side of that HLJ is a pretty reputable place as far as making the delivery. You will get your order unlike some places. I think I've waited on average about a month when ordering things from them... and was always satisfied when the product arrived
icon_wink.gif

Jedi Dade

Thanks for the update. They mailed the package yesterday, so it's already been sent out.

The problem is that they billed/shipped me two of the kits instead of one. So if anybody needs an extra Bandai Enterprise Refit kit whenever they come in, lemme know.

I agree with Dade on this one. HLJ is one of the most reputable retailers from Japan online. You have to remember too that they cater to the entire globe not just the US.

Rayra is mostly correct about the bulk shipping. They have containers that they fill to do a drop shipment all at once but it's not all just stuff for the US. It has gotten a little faster with the processing since they stopped using UPS. Right now, they have 4 people working non-stop doing nothing but packing boxes and filling orders and they are growing.

Ryu

Everything I've orderd from HLJ has arrived quickly. I just got a resin kit last week and it took about 10 days from the time I ordered it to the time it arrived.

One week is fan-fraking-tastic. HLJ has always been great to me, but when they changed shipping means (thank UPS) the deliveries took longer. No biggie, I don't worry about any orders with them.

One week... a very good thing.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back