Training Remote Building "HOW TO"

BrundelFly

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
As not to hijack the other thread anymore than I already have..my thanks to IncrediPaul for accomodating me so graciously, I thought I would start a separate thread. Thanks Dude.

Be sure to check out the other thread as well, as IncrediPaul is doing some really awesome work.

I have had folks recently email me, or PM me asking about the remote.
Years ago I wrote an article on how to build one for MODELERS RESOURCE.

I used to sell rotocast kits as one of the first model kits I ever offered.
No longer available so...dont ask me. I have a few around here still, but Im keeping them as they are now FIRST GEN castings off of a SCREEN USED PROP!

My remote was the one you see in FANBOYS.

remotecerney.jpg

Most of my crude web page is from that article. I have updated it a bit, and plan to update it even more. Which means I might have to build another remote. Hahah

Anyways. Here is the BUILD tutorial from my Hobbymatrix.com web page.

http://www.hobbymatrix.com/props/starwars/build.htm

The HOW TO PAINT is being worked on and should be back up shortly in a form that resembles something useful.

Im putting this up to complete/repair my web page, but more importantly to help those of you who would be interested in the reference or see how someone else did it.
Good luck and Happy Building!

Frank Cerney

Last edited:
I have a few around here still, but Im keeping them as they are not FIRST GEN castings off of a SCREEN USED PROP!

My remote was the one you see in FANBOYS.

Not to be the spelling police, Frank, but you have a typo that totally changes the meaning of the sentence.

You mean "as they are now FIRST GEN castings" right?

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back