Toy Story "Small Fry" T-Bone Transformer

Kylash

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The Mcdonalds Changeables toys were some of my favorite toys ever, so when i found out there was a version in Toy Story of a T-bone steak, I had to try making one. Over the course of modeling this i found that Pixar did quite a bit of cheating to make his transformation work, so its been a challenge. Here's where I'm at so far.

I plan on printing a solid static figure thats screen accurate, and then trying to print out this transformable one and see if it works.

IMG_4778.jpeg
Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 5.58.55 PM.png

Yeah theres some good ones in there! Mattel made the Buzz and Zurg, and theres a Bandai Gashapon set of some of the others from the display at the beginning, but thats about it.

Yeah theres some good ones in there! Mattel made the Buzz and Zurg, and theres a Bandai Gashapon set of some of the others from the display at the beginning, but thats about it.
I do have the small fry Buzz, absolutely love him and he even rolls! I'd love to have the fast food display with the comb and all, would be a neat project!

Well, the director of Small Fry (and upcoming Lightyear) saw me post this on Twitter and is now giving me help making it more accurate and working on a logo for the Steak Force as well. Crazy day!

Well, the director of Small Fry (and upcoming Lightyear) saw me post this on Twitter and is now giving me help making it more accurate and working on a logo for the Steak Force as well. Crazy day!
People who work for Pixar are genuinely so nice with fans haha. I remember 10 years ago, Lee Unkrich retweeted my Toy story collection, especially highlighting all of the Ken outfit I had collected from TS3 haha. I was like :0

Just worked out how to have the arms extend and stay in place, as well as tracks for everything else to stay in place. Printing now. Originally i scaled this at about 3 inches, keeping it at McDonalds Changeables style sizing, but Angus Maclane let me know he should be 4", so ive upscaled it, even if that seems way too big for a happy meal toy to me. I had to compromise the design in a few places, most notably the big hole in the side of the neck, but it was the only way to make the transformation work, and he admitted they cheated in a few places to make the model work.

FSBA6qoWYAETlQ9?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 11.42.44 AM.png

Last edited:
i dont share my files. Im still working out tolerances, every one ive built and completed eventually broke after transforming a few times, so i need to work it out. And i had to move my workshop and dont have a printer setup right now. I need to get a better mixture with tenacious resin that flexes.

Heres the last one i made.

IMG_0540.png

Are you planning on selling the stl? Or can one buy the toy from you at some point? My son has not stopped talking about TBone since he saw the short on Disney +

Last edited:
Nothing that’s going to stand up to a child playing with it no. 3D print resin just doesn’t seem to be strong enough for the models transformation. I’m waiting to be able to get some tougher print resin to test.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back