TOS Viper detailed cockpit photos????????

Johda

planning on a LARGE scale viper based around the BSG 12" figures.
anyone have or know where i can find detailed pix of the cockpit?
thx guys

Originally posted by pyxl+Feb 7 2006, 08:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pyxl @ Feb 7 2006, 08:10 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Johda
@Feb 7 2006, 07:31 PM
planning on a LARGE scale viper based around the BSG 12" figures.
anyone have or know where i can find detailed pix of the cockpit?
thx guys
[snapback]1178196[/snapback]​

No problem...check here:
http://www.cloudster.com/Sets&Vehicles/Vip...iperCockpit.htm

They aren't great photos, but they're all I know of other than screen caps.
[snapback]1178235[/snapback]​
[/b]

WONDERFUL... thx bud...

Next question in this order.....any pix of the cockpit seat? lol....being a pest aint i?
best ive got is the conversion kit for the cockpit seat that you put in the original kit.
thx again

Originally posted by Johda@Feb 7 2006, 06:00 PM
Next question in this order.....any pix of the cockpit seat? lol....being a pest aint i?
best ive got is the conversion kit for the cockpit seat that you put in the original kit.
thx again
[snapback]1178450[/snapback]​
Someone over at Colonial Fleets showed the entire layout of the cockpit and all switches and seat, I mean everythin was coverd, and expertly done. But I can't find it or who did it. But you can P.M. me andx I can e-mail you pics.
Does anyone know who the awesome artist is that did this?

Most of the "pilot in cockpit" shots were done on this little "forced perspective" Viper, which sort of resembles a kiddie ride. In these scenes it's being used as a "simulator" to train new pilots.

BSG-FPset.jpg

BSG-FPviper2.jpg

Note how the canopy and "engines" all tip back together... this was never intended to be seen on screen, obviously.

BSG-FPvipercockpit.jpg

Here the fullsize Viper and forced-perspective cockpit are both on the screen at the same time... another "unintended" setup.

TTC-Fullsizeandsmallvipers.jpg

- k

Yup... I was always boggled at why they let that last shot slip through in production.

The bottom of the ribcage of the FP Viper is plainly visible.

Of course, in the show (Take the Celestra), Apollo and Starbuck are going to the "electronics ship" for "repairs". Maybe THIS is what needs repairing.. LOL..

But seriously, how much more would it have cost them to just tack a piece of paper onto that section and draw some panel lines on with a sharpie? I know they were rushed in production, but JEEPERS.. LOL

-Gordon

Nice screencaps, talk about ruining the illusion,... wow how beautiful is Maren Jensen I was getting flashbacks to being 14 years old again, the ships weren't the only reason I watched the show. :love

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back