TOS Klingon Distrupter

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by SurferGeek, Mar 6, 2006.

1. SurferGeek

SurferGeek Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

2. THEWRAPOFCONS

THEWRAPOFCONS Well-Known Member

Klingong uniforms and disrupters form the motion picture were used in the episode where Mork and Mindy Vacation on Ork, they are worn by the Orcan Security force

3. Gojira61

Gojira61 Sr Member

Costumes from the original series ended up on the show so I would think it possible. IIRC Morks space suit was an altered TOS costume.

Jim

4. SurferGeek

SurferGeek Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

As much as I liked Robin Williams when I was growing up I didn't get much of a chance to watch the show. Football practice in the fall and baseball in the summer kept me pretty busy. The show happened to air the four years I was in High School and other than sports and study I got very little "recreational" time. :(

5. THEWRAPOFCONS

THEWRAPOFCONS Well-Known Member

Morks space suit was a prototype for the original series, roddenberry axed them becasue he said they looked to futuristic so it sat in a paper bag in the paramount prop room for years. John Byner was supposed to play Mork originaly found the costume while looking for something to wear for the pilot, he was replace by Robin Williams.

6. blufive

blufive Sr Member

Mindy's Dad wore a spacesuit from The Tholian Web.

:)

7. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

oooh.. I kinda like the black body. Looks... dangerous. :)

8. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

It is my understanding that Morks spcae suit was made from a combination of Col. Green outfit from the Savage Curtain and Lord Garth's boots from Whom Gods Destroy, with a few other add ons.

An environmental suit from The Naked Time also appeared on the show.

9. PropReplicator

PropReplicator Sr Member Gone but not forgotten.

Here, you can see the identical collars of the suits. Looks the same to me.:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

W.

10. Gojira61

Gojira61 Sr Member

Yep, that's the TOS costume I was thinking about but I just could not remember the episode and character.

Jim