TOS Klingon Distrupter

Costumes from the original series ended up on the show so I would think it possible. IIRC Morks space suit was an altered TOS costume.

Jim

Originally posted by THEWRAPOFCONS+Mar 6 2006, 04:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(THEWRAPOFCONS @ Mar 6 2006, 04:38 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-SurferGeek
@Mar 6 2006, 05:28 PM
Any truth to this?  Check out the link below:

http://web.archive.org/web/19991022040803/...m/guns/112.html

:confused
[snapback]1200202[/snapback]​

Klingong uniforms and disrupters form the motion picture were used in the episode where Mork and Mindy Vacation on Ork, they are worn by the Orcan Security force
[snapback]1200207[/snapback]​
[/b]

As much as I liked Robin Williams when I was growing up I didn't get much of a chance to watch the show. Football practice in the fall and baseball in the summer kept me pretty busy. The show happened to air the four years I was in High School and other than sports and study I got very little "recreational" time. :(

Morks space suit was a prototype for the original series, roddenberry axed them becasue he said they looked to futuristic so it sat in a paper bag in the paramount prop room for years. John Byner was supposed to play Mork originaly found the costume while looking for something to wear for the pilot, he was replace by Robin Williams.

Originally posted by THEWRAPOFCONS@Mar 6 2006, 03:48 PM
Morks space suit was a prototype for the original series, roddenberry axed them becasue he said they looked to futuristic so it sat in a paper bag in the paramount prop room for years. John Byner was supposed to play Mork originaly found the costume while looking for something to wear for the pilot, he was replace by Robin Williams.
[snapback]1200214[/snapback]​

It is my understanding that Morks spcae suit was made from a combination of Col. Green outfit from the Savage Curtain and Lord Garth's boots from Whom Gods Destroy, with a few other add ons.

An environmental suit from The Naked Time also appeared on the show.

Here, you can see the identical collars of the suits. Looks the same to me.:)

78obr59.jpg

mork.jpg

W.

Originally posted by PropReplicator@Mar 6 2006, 09:28 PM
Here, you can see the identical collars of the suits. Looks the same to me.:)

78obr59.jpg

mork.jpg

W.
[snapback]1200270[/snapback]​
Yep, that's the TOS costume I was thinking about but I just could not remember the episode and character.

Jim

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back