TOS Galactica - Flat Top (in progress)

t2sides

Master Member
Working on this one for the next rag tag fleet model. It is not done yet, so please ignore the current paint brightness and other details. I still have to finish weathering, dulling down the overlap colors, and still have numerous parts to add before securing the section with the dome to the main base. That portion is temporarily installed, as are the "pontoons", just threw them down for these pics. It's coming along pretty good, though I did use a smaller sphere than the original, resulting in a smaller overall opening there. Most of the underside details on the main platform are pretty close to accurate to the original filming miniature. I substituted in a few places though of course. I am waiting on one more kit to arrive before I can connect the 'fuselage' to the main body. I also have to paint the entire top side with all the different colors that are part of that section. I will however be placing an exact replica of the "bridge". The real thing did not have star trek engines on it. I'll show that section once I get to final construction.
For now, enjoy this in-progress.
Big THANKS to my friends who did a great job helping with ID's and references, and also appreciation to Mr. Gary Canavo (owner of the original miniatures) and E. James Small for their references and BattleBuck pics.
Thanks,
Sean

Attachments

• FT6.jpg
    FT6.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 287
  • FT5.jpg
    FT5.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 260
  • FT4.jpg
    FT4.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 258
  • FT3.jpg
    FT3.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 244
  • FT2.jpg
    FT2.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 230
  • FT1.jpg
    FT1.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 212
  • FT01.jpg
    FT01.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 259
Going? Crap, he went GONE along time ago!

Nice work Sean! Still wish we could nail those damn pontoon bits down but about as soon as you finish this we will figure them out ;-)

Ryan

HEllo great work I think the part your dome is representing is originally from the mpc pilgrim observer I havent got the kit yet but its worth a shot

Ha!! Thanks guys! Yeah, Crazy is one word.... Ryan, I went with the F-104 tanks, after a tad trimming( which it appears they did), it's a dead on match, even the slight overlap of the pontoons.
Chazzy - Thanks, looked at that, it's a bit too small. Turns out the White four quarter parts are from the Texaco Tanker. I thickened my 'ring' behind it to look a bit better. I was considering redoing it and sizing it up, but nahhh, I can live with it.

I'm wrapping up the bottom, adding the other parts, tubes, etc. Then hope to finish the top and have the final ready by end of this weekend possibly.
Thanks again for the support!
Sean

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back