TOS 1/10th scale bridge replica for dummies... I mean by dummies ;)

Progrocker

Hi everyone... this is my very first thread on this forum( that I get so much enjoyment out of browsing and admiring everyone's talents within). I've been particularly enjoying Glorbes build of TOS enterprise bridge as well as Atlanthia's incredible (but sadly unfortunately destroyed?) build on these two threads.
http://www.therpf.com/f11/enterprise-bridge-adjusted-dst-action-figures-123844/
http://www.therpf.com/f11/building-enterprise-bridge-less-than-10-15-update-23-02-a-137996/

It got me dreaming about doing one of my own, but both my wife and I are in school and don't have that much extra time or especially money. I convinced my wife to get my the Diamond select figure set so at least I would have it. Atlanthia's build convinced me what I could do on a budget... so I decided to give it a try. I'm considering this a bit of a mock-up. It's still pretty rough... I might try filling in the gaps a bit with some putty... and still have lots of detail to finish on the command chair but I feel pretty good about it.

So far I've actually been using the box my macbook pro came in as a building material.. and just regular school glue. Once I get a bit more work done I plan on using some spare rubber from my old ipad case as the seat cushion.

I hope you enjoy what wlll likely be VERY slow progress on this.
Thanks to Glorbes and Atlanthia for the inspriation... and being so generous with their templates and advice. I hope mine turns out a 1/4 as nice as theirs!

chair.jpg

chair2.jpg

Last edited:
what happened to this build??? Pull yer finger out Man! For goodness's sake!:lol

You made a great start there, and I am sorry that I missed it, but I am back now....:)

I missed this too first time around, how's it going? Looks like you went with the mirror universe high back on the chair.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back