Top Gun: Maverick

My guess from the first trailer was right, he’s clearly a test pilot in the film. Of course, the shot of the P-51 mustang was great, as well. I don't think that's the one Cruise normally flies on his own, but I'm not 100% sure.

Looking at spitfires, mustangs and Messerschmitt's i keep my opinion that the bf109 is the best looking of them. Spitfires and mustangs look elegant, the bf109 looks mean and agressive.

P-40B Tigershark for me.

-by-pilot-R.T.-Smith_Copyright-by-R.T.Smith-_800KB.jpg

Any of you ever SAT in a bf-109? You can barely even turn your head around in the cockpit. It's got horrible visibility. In a Mustang, you have an excellent field of view. And yes, I've sat in the former and flown in the latter.

I note that the demonic spirit of dead Goose possesses a pilot and forces him to pound out “Great Balls of Fiyah!!” on a piano. Yikes! Are you getting the nostalgia feels yet?

View attachment 1039567
View attachment 1039568

It appears that some of the film is a musical which is a courageous choice by the filmmakers. I applaud them.

View attachment 1039579

So, I take that the “offspring of dead Goose” is in the movie? I assume that he / she will demand that Maverick train him/her and that he refuses due to his guilt over Goose, but his cold exterior will melt and he will train him/her. The closing scene will have Maverick proclaiming “You can be my wingman / wingwoman anytime!” The “offspring of dead Goose” will say back “No—you can be mine!”

Is this the offspring in question? “Daughter of Goose (DOG)”?

View attachment 1039571
View attachment 1039569
View attachment 1039570

Or is it this guy who is either “Son of Goose (S.O.G.)” or the guy that Goose’s mustache is making a cameo appearance on?

View attachment 1039578

Either way, I smell a movie modeled after “Creed” here.

I really did enjoy the homage to “Hot Shots” seen in the trailer here:

View attachment 1039566

Oh yeah...

And where is Kelly McGillis? I assume she will show up too. Perhaps at her beach house she no doubt shares with Maverick?

View attachment 1039572

I was RIGHT!!

The S.O.G. (The Son Of Goose) is in this film and he don’t like himself no Maverick.

(That will change, of course. By the end of the film, he will be “proud to be the wingman of Maverick)

‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Super Bowl Trailer Shows Tom Cruise’s New Enemy

Last edited:
Admittedly it's been a while since I've seen Top Gun, but I thought Goose died because of a malfunction when the canopy didn't blow and he ejected into it. I don't know why his son would blame a mechanical malfunction on Maverick.

I'm still betting on the plot being a war with China and China shooting down and killing Maverick so that it will be able to be shown in China.

Admittedly it's been a while since I've seen Top Gun, but I thought Goose died because of a malfunction when the canopy didn't blow and he ejected into it. I don't know why his son would blame a mechanical malfunction on Maverick.

I'm still betting on the plot being a war with China and China shooting down and killing Maverick so that it will be able to be shown in China.

I believe the aircraft was in a flat spin and out of control at the time. The canopy blew, but instead of being ripped away by the air current, it went straight up and Goose then hit it when his seat fired.

His son probably blames Maverick for whatever he was doing that put them into the flat spin in the first place.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back