Top Gun: Maverick

And Maverick doesn't want his daughter to fly because it's too dangerous. Also, Maverick and Mrs Maverick split years ago and Daughter of Maverick was raised mostly by Mrs Maverick and now DoM is forcing her way into Mr Mavericks life. He has commitment issues.

And Maverick doesn't want his daughter to fly because it's too dangerous. Also, Maverick and Mrs Maverick split years ago and Daughter of Maverick was raised mostly by Mrs Maverick and now DoM is forcing her way into Mr Mavericks life. He has commitment issues.

You just wrote the movie, my friend.

No offense to anyone, but I'd say PLEASE no daddy/daughter crap. That would completely ruin the character. Maverick never married. Well, maybe. But, he's long divorced. No kids. His life is the Navy. In the air. No, "he's a bad father" nonsense. That's not what this or his story is about. I know the trend is to tear down a hero ala Han Solo and completely ruin their mystique. But, let's keep Maverick a pure icon. Please. The trailer, much to my surprise, looks fantastic. Keep it straight "Top Gun" and it'll be a hell of a ride. People want to see a larger than life Maverick flying jets; not struggling to be daddy.

No offense to anyone, but I'd say PLEASE no daddy/daughter crap. That would completely ruin the character. Maverick never married. Well, maybe. But, he's long divorced. No kids. His life is the Navy. In the air. No, "he's a bad father" nonsense. That's not what this or his story is about. I know the trend is to tear down a hero ala Han Solo and completely ruin their mystique. But, let's keep Maverick a pure icon. Please. The trailer, much to my surprise, looks fantastic. Keep it straight "Top Gun" and it'll be a hell of a ride. People want to see a larger than life Maverick flying jets; not struggling to be daddy.

I'm not afraid that they'll tear down Maverick. The action will be top notch, all real flying. Cruise has high expectations towards his crew and himself to make a great movie. Trailer looks great and I think the movie will too.

SwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.gif

Plot theory: maverick was second pick to be send because the first in line meased up. His son will come to prove his dad was better than maverick. Maverick will prove him wrong by flying skills but gives him the tom skerrit talk that his father was a hero but circumstance made him shiver at that time. All walk away as good friends.

And a volleyball match ofcourse, my wife wants a volleyball match :)

Apparently it's already censored for China:
Why?!
I really hope that's just a digital alteration that won't be shown outside Commie-Land. I mean, the last Mission Impossible movie had to censor the Kashmir location for release in India and Pakistan, but it was left uncut everywhere else. Also, why does the patch now say "Indian Ocean Cruise" instead of "Far East Cruise"? And why did they remove the name of the USS Galveston? That's not right.
Why remove one historical aggressor's flag from the jacket and leave two more recent and important historical aggressor flags intact? I think it's flat-out disrespectful to the countries no longer represented, especially when Maverick's motorcycle (which is still in the film) comes from Japan. As one commenter said, If they're going to do all this, they should just give him a Winnie The Pooh patch.
Although they did do a good job justifying it by making the years 85-86. Now I'm guessing this is Maverick's own patch he gained from the events of the original film:
3AC30CCE-A66D-412A-8E26-F33F94ACCFC7.jpeg

Last edited:
Well folks, this is the new Zeitgeist; you show that movie in China and you know some of it will be censored.:rolleyes: At least Google got out of there in time:lol:

From the filming photos I've seen online and the trailer, here's my take on the plot:
It starts with Maverick is testing some high-altitude aircraft and he decides to take a stab at the record for the "World deepest landing" by lawn-darting it somewhere. We then get the exposition scene with Ed Harris accordingly (hence, the pressure suit and mussed look for Cruise). Meanwhile, he's buzzing around in a P-51 either at airshows or air races.
Soon, the Navy identifies some unnamed rogue nation and gives a reason why they must be attacked. They can't just use the people they already have, so they get Maverick to train a batch of younger crews for this attack with F-18s, including the son of his long-dead RIO and best friend, Goose.
Meanwhile, he falls for a local woman (Jennifer Connelly) who likely owns the bar he hangs out in, during in some well-photographed scenes.
Somewhere along the way, he encounters Iceman, most likely as a contractor stateside or an Admiral (besides, he was a better pilot that Mav, remember?).
There's a female pilot (Phoenix) who plays the Iceman role to Goose's son and is probably a better pilot than the latter. Maybe she's Mav's daughter, but not likely.
With the group now trained, they board a carrier and go on the mission to attack the unnamed nation, going up into mountains as seen on the trailer.
Maverick and Goose's son both get shot down and manage to find each other, of course neither badly hurt in the process.
They find a flight-capable F-14 at the enemy base and Maverick of course gets one final chance to fly a Tomcat with (sort of) "Goose" in the back seat. He manages to pop two more enemy aircraft, making him the first "Ace" since Vietnam.
Coming back to the carrier, confusion ensues and Mav has to land the F-14 under duress. They step down from the FINAL F-14 landing aboard a US Carrier, and Maverick then returns to Connelly stateside (after realizing his day is done, so he's going to retire, knowing the future is safe in the hands of the younger pilots) in a sunset shot before the credits roll.
As for the actual plot?
top-gun-2-will-the-f-14-tomcat-make-a-cameo-15-7.jpg

Do fighter planes these days even still dogfight? I mean with all kinds of medium-range missiles, isn't it just a matter of whose radar locks on first?
I know the F-4 Phantom didn't have an onboard cannon because of that very reasoning, and it was a bad decision, but the tech has come a long way since then.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Pretty much. In visual range dog fighting is like the soldier learning hand to hand, things have gotten bad if it gets to that. But that could end up winning the day.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back