Tom's 2nd MGC

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I picked up a new item (im sorry if I outbid any of you, it sat untouched for most of the week until the final countdown) and I wanted to poll the RPF: does anyone know the history of model guns?

My gold one had MGC and the word Japan stamped into it in different places. There also was SMG 07•80 or something denoting the date of production Im guessing but that was it.

This MGC has nothing but the Mauser engeavings and a serial number. Is this an MGC or an RMI perhaps? Anyone know enough to ballpark a date of production?

The orange plug is gone and you can see a sharp tipped rod in the center of the barrel, spot welded to the side of the barrel
20210320_174550.jpg
20210320_174515.jpg

Thanks!

Hey Tom,

I just got mine and it has the Mauser logo like yours. It doesn't have that side serial(?) number but it does have that same type of lettering on the top at the base of the barrel. It also has the other side's German phrasing and the 9 grips without red coloring. It came in the green box and I looked on here at a similar one that someone inquired about in that thread that you commented on. It would be great to be able to identify the year of manufactur. Probably lost to time though.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back