Tomb Raider Reborn Prop progress

Looking totally AWESOME!!!!

She seems to fit everything into that pouch like it's a bag of holding.
Then again her backpack was the same way.

I have that same journal I bought as soon as the trailer came out.
I plan to add the embossed "C" and edge tooling to it then fill it with adventure goodness like the Uncharted journals.

Awesome! I think I'm going to fill it with Lara's entries from the game, and have inserts of all the other entries she finds along the way.

Looking totally AWESOME!!!!

She seems to fit everything into that pouch like it's a bag of holding.
Then again her backpack was the same way.

I have that same journal I bought as soon as the trailer came out.
I plan to add the embossed "C" and edge tooling to it then fill it with adventure goodness like the Uncharted journals.

I'd like to get a good look at that "C" cuz I want to do that too.

Then I was thinking of trying to get a transcript of all the journal entries she reads from her own journal and put them all in there

I'm thinking of using my soldering iron to burn in the "C". I did that to put the embossing pattern on the back of my Selene jacket a few years ago and it seemed to work ok.

K.

Keep in mind that like in the very first version of Lara's background she turned her back on her upper class upbringing and worked low paying jobs to put herself through a city college, so nothing fancy for the Bookish Girl.

After all she's not that kind of Croft.

Here are a few test shots of the outfit. It needs to be distressed still... but this is the first time that I've actually put it all on at once

DSC01864_zps446c1a63.jpg

DSC01866_zpsb26916ed.jpg

DSC01870_zps8779c93f.jpg
You for sure wear it well-- Missed you at the studio!!!!

Here's a look at my progress in distressing the large grey pouch. there's a bit more to go (and it's actually quite a bit darker than it looks here) but here goes:

The left one is the distressed one, and for reference the right is one that I've only sprayed grey.

The great thing about those pouches is wash them a couple of times and they fade nicely. I have a map case and a shoulder bag (think Indiana Jones size) and that same one. Tossed them in the washer after a week of "real" camping and they came out looking like years of use, but still holding together nicely.

Here's the evolution of a Quiver.

From Right to Left:

1. My Prototype
2. Build for the Tutorial (Now going to SaraCroft)
3,4,5. New builds using heavier canvas (going to JennCroft,Shona Heath and Lexi Forbes)

The new ones hold their shape much better, and I've added some 1/2" rope under the top lip to give the mouth it's own shape.

Now I've gotta dirty 'em up and put slings on 'em!

K.

You are MACHINE! I'm continually blown away by your level of detail. Makes my brain hurt.

PS - Oh I don't run this show. It's a community thing. Besides, with the way you're going with all these posts, you're more likely to claim 'running the show'!

You are MACHINE! I'm continually blown away by your level of detail. Makes my brain hurt.

PS - Oh I don't run this show. It's a community thing. Besides, with the way you're going with all these posts, you're more likely to claim 'running the show'!

Nope... I'm just the prop girl.

K.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back