To Hunter Or To Huntress.

THS

this is my first topic or post on these forums, or sorry for incoming and common mistakes.
or even if i posted this in the wrong forum.

--
okay, back to buisness.

but uh ah-hahah, cheap title I know, and yes I am new the community.
One day, i wish to accomplish on building a predator suit, and hopefully for a special birthday bash (( more of a wishful date in two years )), i will.
this also gives me time to throughly think out the process and decide on where to go.

I'm not sure where to start honestly, no not on the costume yet-- i still have to throughly go through, check, and supply the forums to see what fits best for the actual predator suit i want. I'll do this later but in due time.

Right now i'm trying to first decide on..
making a female predator, or a male.

I want to say, or type, so many ideas i have but they are also focused on the suit itself out of excitement, and i can't lay them out right now without actually drawing and working on designing the concepts of my predators. So, before i start laying out some designs on this site sooner or later,
((not sure how active i'll be with everything going on outside of the internet boundries)) ,
i have to first decide on what GENDER to chose.
hahah.

You guys have any ideas?
I'm leaning toward the female mostly because there aren't too many out there at this time that are properly or fully made. I might stand out of place when i say this but i haven't seen too many that have impressed me.
Besides a selective few, all i've seen is pushed together breasts, bootyshorts, some fishnets, and a walmart mask.
Not the type of predator i want to be going for.

But one.
AHH i was SWOON by this one.

and i think i found an image of them here, just by chance.
http://img.photobuck...ARKHUNTRESS.jpg

This is the type of female predator i adore. The actual skin being other than human, something for clothes that isn't just to be made to cover up the genitales, the person inside the costume simply PERFECT for it, and so on. This is the type of female predator that impressed me by far, maybe i'm just an odd one but i almost never praise female suits, cosplayers and the likes just because they are focused more on showing skin than being the character they want to be, and aughgh.
this, i'm sorry i still get excited by just seeing that suit.
not sexually hahah, but whenever you see a suit you love you just can't get over how amazing it looks.
and she's shorter than the male.
woo! shortness!

Alright, i'm done getting all flabergasted over the suit for now, hahah, but i'm just curious if any of you guys have any tips or anything to say on deciding the gender i should chose. Yeah, i liked that suit but there's also the size matter and if the male would suit me better on any shape or form, or simply be easier?
you never know.
or at least, i don't.

but uh, for tips on who or what i'm actually like, i'm 5'4 and female with a slight hourglass figure. I'm pretty young but i haven't grown in the past three or four years so i'm figuring i'm just stuck at this height. I'm a tad chubby, not severly obese or even near it if i do say myself, but i also am willing to work off the excess flab and pack in my legs for any heavy gear i might figure out.

you all have any ideas on whether or not to choose the female to focus on?

I have mixed feelings about both sexes but if i got some support i'd love to throw some concepts your guys' way.
--

also if i'm not able to provide videos or links, tell me. I haven't heard anything against it yet, but i don't want to burn any tails.

That video right there is of our very own Dark huntress(lauren) I wont mention the other douchebag(he's no longer a member here anyway)
welcome and hope your stay here it's a pleasant one
Lem

oh really? ovo i was searching through all the youtube videos and actually found her the other day.
fell in love with the suit, espesically after seeing some..
well.
let's not repeat what's on the opposite sides of youtube.

and Oh! Sorry if i stepped on any toes by linking him, him being in the video and all, i liked his suit but i won't ask what happened.
Thank you for your welcomin' call! C:

I don't like the female 'predator's' really, it's kinda as if some really nerdy pervy bloke thought them up. Massive boobs, fishnets and skimpy 'clothing' n' all that. In my own opinion (Not sure if i'm allowed to say that but hey). And I think it probably draws too much of the wrong attention, already seen some dodgey comments on womens 'huntress' and female predator costumes. I'm a girl and I'm gonna make a male suit, I just think they look so much better. Predators don't really look feminine anyway lol. But I guess it's up to you and your own personal preference :)

I don't like the female 'predator's' really, it's kinda as if some really nerdy pervy bloke thought them up. Massive boobs, fishnets and skimpy 'clothing' n' all that. In my own opinion (Not sure if i'm allowed to say that but hey). And I think it probably draws too much of the wrong attention, already seen some dodgey comments on womens 'huntress' and female predator costumes. I'm a girl and I'm gonna make a male suit, I just think they look so much better. Predators don't really look feminine anyway lol. But I guess it's up to you and your own personal preference :)

You are mistaking FEMALE HUNTRESS and FEMALE PREDATOR costumes, and making blanket comments which is TOTALLY unfair, and i am sure insulting to the female members who have made such suits.
Sure some females want to do Female huntresses and so be it, thats THEIR choice to show flesh. BUT female Predators and suit builds are completely different, so please do not make such ridiculous comments.

There have been quite a few GOOD HIGH QUALITY versions of the FEMALE predator done here alone. Being as you have only been here just over a month have a look around and search.

As for Predators not being femanine, and some nerdy pervy bloke comment, i give you a 10 out of 10 for "WTF"( although we are talking about a Sci fi creature )

You think there are ONLY male predators?................... never mind i insulted myself that i even asked lol.

Wow, Not trying to cause an argument or insult anybody at all. I think you've just taken it the wrong way. I was just stating my own opinion? Which just happens to be a strong one lol. A lot of my opinions are strong which is why I don't comment very often.
It's totally up to them what they do with their suits (the females) It doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's their own life and they do what they want to. No I don't think there are only male predators, I was just saying I don't like the look of the female ones?
If the comment is insulting you can remove it or I can or edit it? This doesn't have to escalate and cause drama when it isn't needed.

And yeah I have seen some good female ones, Huntress costumes. They're imaginative and did a good job with their ideas. But the female PREDATOR look is just silly. Thats where my nerdy pervy bloke comment came from, It may have been harsh but It was my own opinion and i apologize for anyone I've insulted

Wow, first of all thank you :) I'm glad to see that my suit made such an impact on you!... and I'm not short :p I'm actually 5'10, in the suit I was 6'2.. but the guy next to me was 7'2 in his costume so I can see how I look shorter.. Anyway if you have any questions feel free to pm me. I'd love to help in any way I can. I'm actually planning on doing another female predator in the near future.

Lauren

And yeah I have seen some good female ones, Huntress costumes. They're imaginative and did a good job with their ideas. But the female PREDATOR look is just silly. Thats where my nerdy pervy bloke comment came from, It may have been harsh but It was my own opinion and i apologize for anyone I've insulted

I think i can double quote.
not sure so, sorry if it messes up, hahah.
But actually i really agree with you here and see where you are coming from. I'm not sure the difference between huntresses or female predators, or whatever terms i have used and used them out of context. I didn't know there was one haha, i just figured they were the same. But, like i posted in the topic there aren't many out there that really really impressed me like this suit did. This is because so far, all i've seen is bootyshorts, a little..awkward looking sizes and on sale walmart masks. 'm sure people can make the masks look amazing but like i said, it's a sore topic espesically if you got a costume with different ideas over it.

but nah, i do see where you are coming from hahah. The thing i'm looking at right now it perferably height difference. I'm still only 5'4, and i've seen a lot of people clear up in the 7'0 s doing these costumes.
and i really don't want to look like a pudgey child. ;_;

You are mistaking FEMALE HUNTRESS and FEMALE PREDATOR costumes, and making blanket comments which is TOTALLY unfair, and i am sure insulting to the female members who have made such suits.
Sure some females want to do Female huntresses and so be it, thats THEIR choice to show flesh. BUT female Predators and suit builds are completely different, so please do not make such ridiculous comments.

There have been quite a few GOOD HIGH QUALITY versions of the FEMALE predator done here alone. Being as you have only been here just over a month have a look around and search.

As for Predators not being femanine, and some nerdy pervy bloke comment, i give you a 10 out of 10 for "WTF"( although we are talking about a Sci fi creature )

You think there are ONLY male predators?................... never mind i insulted myself that i even asked lol.

What are you talking about?
of course there are only males! ;P they don't have female predators, they just attract female humans and take them back to the planet to mate.
How do you think it worked?
i'd go. lol.

Wow, first of all thank you :) I'm glad to see that my suit made such an impact on you!... and I'm not short :p I'm actually 5'10, in the suit I was 6'2.. but the guy next to me was 7'2 in his costume so I can see how I look shorter.. Anyway if you have any questions feel free to pm me. I'd love to help in any way I can. I'm actually planning on doing another female predator in the near future.

Lauren

When i saw you comment i started squirming in my seat, in excitement hahah!

I think i can double quote.
not sure so, sorry if it messes up, hahah.
But actually i really agree with you here and see where you are coming from. I'm not sure the difference between huntresses or female predators, or whatever terms i have used and used them out of context. I didn't know there was one haha, i just figured they were the same. But, like i posted in the topic there aren't many out there that really really impressed me like this suit did. This is because so far, all i've seen is bootyshorts, a little..awkward looking sizes and on sale walmart masks. 'm sure people can make the masks look amazing but like i said, it's a sore topic espesically if you got a costume with different ideas over it.

but nah, i do see where you are coming from hahah. The thing i'm looking at right now it perferably height difference. I'm still only 5'4, and i've seen a lot of people clear up in the 7'0 s doing these costumes.
and i really don't want to look like a pudgey child. ;_;

Thank you :) I have the same issue, I'm the same height as you, Or 5"3, I forget. But your not alone haha.

We needs more girls - make a female! But make it to suit your shape and size, and make sure you're comfortable with the way it looks.

Personally I'm not a fan of the whole huge boobs and hot pants look for female preds, and I hope to gods that when they put one on screen they don't make her look like that ;-; I'll seriously cry if they do. There's no freakin' way a serious female hunter would dress like that. What about protection? Coverage? Armour? Eh, don't get me started. And don't get me started on the pervy nerds, lol...

I think the 'huntress' means more like... a human huntress, and a female predator is, well... a female predator, lol. They are two very different things and there are many interpretations of both.

So I'd say, just do what you're comfy with doing and sod what anyone else thinks, lol. As long as you're happy with it that's the main thing. I've had some uber-bad comments about my build. But it's my creation, and I'm doing it for myself and nobody else. So you don't like it. That's your problem, not mine.

I'll be interested to see what you come up with in the end!

Oh and regarding height... I'm 5 foot 6. 5 foot 9 in my gear. I look hilarious next to Endoskull, who is one tallll guy, haha.

We needs more girls - make a female! But make it to suit your shape and size, and make sure you're comfortable with the way it looks.

Personally I'm not a fan of the whole huge boobs and hot pants look for female preds, and I hope to gods that when they put one on screen they don't make her look like that ;-; I'll seriously cry if they do. There's no freakin' way a serious female hunter would dress like that. What about protection? Coverage? Armour? Eh, don't get me started. And don't get me started on the pervy nerds, lol...

I think the 'huntress' means more like... a human huntress, and a female predator is, well... a female predator, lol. They are two very different things and there are many interpretations of both.

So I'd say, just do what you're comfy with doing and sod what anyone else thinks, lol. As long as you're happy with it that's the main thing. I've had some uber-bad comments about my build. But it's my creation, and I'm doing it for myself and nobody else. So you don't like it. That's your problem, not mine.

I'll be interested to see what you come up with in the end!

Oh and regarding height... I'm 5 foot 6. 5 foot 9 in my gear. I look hilarious next to Endoskull, who is one tallll guy, haha.

omg.
just.
can i just.
hold you.
I'm sorry if that sounds creepy but it is so true! Everything you said- ahh! i agree with! ;_; Thank you so much for your support as well. I thought people like you guys were hard to come by because of all the..scary FemPredators i have seen so far.
and not in the good way.

and aughdsf shortness.
pros and cons with height!
Still trying to figure it out, if just boots would help or larger feet or something to boost me up some inches. ovo;;

Probably two hours ago I actually start on a sketch of the female predator, been working on her face so the rest of her is really underdone. She won't stay naked, i promise hahah, but i barely know human anatomy so working on her starter design is so troubling.
i want to create a character before i even start on the suit, that way i can draw her more ways then one and i can see what design i really like best.

i also like the freckled look, and stripes, so that's what i'm focused on atm for skin. C:
I'll link her instead of posting her here, she's naked pretty much but nothing is actually showing.
there isn't really nudity, nudity. Mostly just lines and outline of the chest.
All the bubbles or just, freckles basically.
woo~
http://i47.tinypic.com/zwgaoj.jpg
like is said, i really just got done with her face so she is really fleshy than she is anything else.

btw: i'm not as tall as that, Lol. like i said, just sketching ideas around~

omg.
just.
can i just.
hold you.

Feel free, it's not often someone asks to hold me :p

Still trying to figure it out, if just boots would help or larger feet or something to boost me up some inches. ovo;;

It depends on your interpretation of the female of the species though. I've always thought they were far smaller than the males and a lot less flashy-looking, so that was the look I went for. I don't like the whole 'females are huge and in control' thing. Evidence suggests the males run the show and the girls probably just stay at home and look after the babies, lol. So you can get away with being small. Embrace your shortness.

i want to create a character before i even start on the suit, that way i can draw her more ways then one and i can see what design i really like best.

That's what I did, although she was initially meant to just be Falconer in a skirt, she developed her own personality and came to life and now I can't get rid of her. It's a good idea though, then you know what you're looking to design and also how to act when you're in costume. It helps to have a personality to project onto a costume as it makes it a little more believable, you're not just some chick in a suit, you're actually playing a character.

I think it looks good so far, keep us posted!

This one is for the pervy nerds.First off in one of the pervy nerds that made a human huntress suit.Here my opinion on the subject,i made a suit that a women can wear that she could feel sexy in while not wearing a full body suit to sweat her ass off in(try putting a wife in full rubber to go attend a con i dare ya).Also as far as making fun of fellow members for wanting to look sexy in them a male pred is preaty much a naked male with some armour on.Anyways i do love your strong thoughts on the subject i figured i would present mine,good luck with your suit i hope it kicks ass.As far as being called pervy im preaty sure this site was built by so called nerds so the rest of us (nerds)to injoy our hobby and love for the medium.Good luck with your project

This one is for the pervy nerds.First off in one of the pervy nerds that made a human huntress suit.Here my opinion on the subject,i made a suit that a women can wear that she could feel sexy in while not wearing a full body suit to sweat her ass off in(try putting a wife in full rubber to go attend a con i dare ya).Also as far as making fun of fellow members for wanting to look sexy in them a male pred is preaty much a naked male with some armour on.Anyways i do love your strong thoughts on the subject i figured i would present mine,good luck with your suit i hope it kicks ass.As far as being called pervy im preaty sure this site was built by so called nerds so the rest of us (nerds)to injoy our hobby and love for the medium.Good luck with your project

A lot of you guys have wifes and sheesh! If i was offered a suit to stroll around town in i'd be sweating my butt of right next to ya, and more! I mean, i understand where they are coming from but mann, i keep reading people's comments saying their wives won't go near their suit, but if it were me, i'd be begging you to put it on! Lol. But yeah, i can see your point on comfortality means and the focus of letting some air through hahah. Some people have different points and or just love to show more skin than others.

Personally, i still have to go through different skin mediums,but i like the idea of using a suit made of latex than fabric just because it doesn't cling to my body as much in the end product, and it won't sag if i don't have such weight there. But like ya said, i can see people not liking the sweaty mess it can create, and in a lot of heated areas. There's also the armor on the product itself, such once again personally i don't mind my chest as much as i do my lower half, so currently i'm more focused on designing my predator with sort of a skirt, but raggedy shorts underneath and armor on the sides for more coverage. I might just pause this forum or move it to the art and concepts department because i won't be able to actually start on the suit or even the making of it without some clay and time to form the head. I'm not much of a sculpter but i do have some art classes at school i can mmmaybbe use to my advantage and sorta use my hands on project to do something..else. :)
but yes, thank you for the input and support, right now i'm just going to stick with my safe undo button in SAI and work on the designing my baby to her full potiental. If i drop off the face of the earth or i don't update in awhile, it's because of school and classes with the nonsense of essays and math we probably will never use in our lifetime.
but thank you!

I am NOT a "Nerdy Pervy", :D !!!

Yeah, a 'Huntress' is what we would call the Human in Pred gear. A female Predator would be well... a female Predator, just as LadyZero had described.

As for the suits, it's all up to the person building it. We have many a topic of the female species and it was agreed more than once that a female would actually be bigger than their male counterpart. I personally think the female species wouldn't be running around in high heels, "booty shorts", and their bosoms bouncing about. They would be ready for the hunt. Probably a lot more agile and able to move more swiftly. I also think they would have the protective armor the male would wear. I am sure they wouldn't really have gender wars and the females would be calling for equality. They are a race of hunters and gatherers with a knack for sport and technology.

Sorry about the rant. But, it is truly up to YOU to choose on which kind of suit to build. If you want to be a female Pred... do it, but do it in the way that doesn't make you feel as though you will be subject to "Nerdy Pervy" criticism and the like. Build the armor around yourself and have it cover the parts that you feel should be covered because to tell you the truth... we DO need more Predator females suiting up. This community is here because in all actuality, we are all geek's, nerds, and all around Fans of this creature we know as the PREDATOR. We are all here because we share the passion for it's look, it's design, and the Legacy that Mr. Winston left for us. We are also all here because we enjoy every ones suit builds, arts, props, and mustaches... o_O. Even though some are good, some are great, some are non existent (like mine) and some are, well... let's just say could be worked on a bit.

So, just give yourself some time. Look through the forums. Check out the ideas. Look at other peoples designs. It will only help you in the end. Not hinder the idea of your creation. :cool:

I am NOT a "Nerdy Pervy", :D !!!

Yeah, a 'Huntress' is what we would call the Human in Pred gear. A female Predator would be well... a female Predator, just as LadyZero had described.

As for the suits, it's all up to the person building it. We have many a topic of the female species and it was agreed more than once that a female would actually be bigger than their male counterpart. I personally think the female species wouldn't be running around in high heels, "booty shorts", and their bosoms bouncing about. They would be ready for the hunt. Probably a lot more agile and able to move more swiftly. I also think they would have the protective armor the male would wear. I am sure they wouldn't really have gender wars and the females would be calling for equality. They are a race of hunters and gatherers with a knack for sport and technology.

Sorry about the rant. But, it is truly up to YOU to choose on which kind of suit to build. If you want to be a female Pred... do it, but do it in the way that doesn't make you feel as though you will be subject to "Nerdy Pervy" criticism and the like. Build the armor around yourself and have it cover the parts that you feel should be covered because to tell you the truth... we DO need more Predator females suiting up. This community is here because in all actuality, we are all geek's, nerds, and all around Fans of this creature we know as the PREDATOR. We are all here because we share the passion for it's look, it's design, and the Legacy that Mr. Winston left for us. We are also all here because we enjoy every ones suit builds, arts, props, and mustaches... o_O. Even though some are good, some are great, some are non existent (like mine) and some are, well... let's just say could be worked on a bit.

So, just give yourself some time. Look through the forums. Check out the ideas. Look at other peoples designs. It will only help you in the end. Not hinder the idea of your creation. :cool:

Woah.
i love this.

I guess right now i'm just all tossed and turned around with reality and how to make it..well. approachable lol.

I'll try to gather my thoughts a bit.

Basically what i really want is a nice female predator costume. Where it's an actual female, predator. Not a human with weaponry, not a human with a predator mask and everything else flopping out and about, i mean an actual predator suit with armor and weaponry like a male, with the intentions of doing what most of the males do. I like that theory, the hunters and gatherers and i think i'll base my baby off of it, but with the intentions of her being pretty short compared to the others around her. I get where people are coming from when they say the less clothing the more you can actually BREATHE in the costume, but i'm not going to really focus on making her flashy or overall exposing, even if it might be easier or less sweaty.

but for now yeah i'm just going to flesh her out on paper and get a good wait on suiting her up at all. Don't expect anything hands on for a good few months if not more, sorry, i gotta be quiet on working with this, i want it to be a slow and gradual free-time process rather than a hurried one. And even if i do have money saved up i don't want to waste it all and end up never finishing this because i didn't work it out or was simply rushed, bawh.

Sheesh, I gotta get away from this computer, it'd getting ridiculous on how long i'm staying on here and reading all these tutorials and comments. ;_; Thank you for the support guys, i really appreciate it. I'll try to keep up and stay in contact, so if i die it's probably because other things came up and messed with my time. Thank you all, augugh, such a nice community!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back