TNG Desktop Monitor

On a side note, that would be an awesome dock for an Ipad. If it had a slot at the top with a spring loaded door, the Ipad could be dropped right in and it would look nearly prop authentic!

Every time I check this thread, I think the same thing.

No way would I ever do that to a screen used prop! It's value would be gone forever! Make a replica to do that with.

True. If I had a screen used prop in my possession, I'd feel just like that. I was just thinking outside the box....and imagining how cool it would be to have a working one on my desk at work!!

Not to thread jack, but one thing I'd be interested to know (in general) is if more people collect props for the potential 'value' or for a personal love of the props that they collect.

I'd definitely be the latter. :thumbsup

Isn't it just.

Look at todays mobile phones, some are so small that they make the TOS communicator look chunky.
I think the technology has reached a point now, that the only limitation in the size is the actual practicality of using the device. for example, you cannot make mobile phones any smaller than they are as you won't be able to operate the dial pad.

I work with speech recognition software and it's gotten so good, I think where now able to actually do a completely voice controlled communicator, much like we first saw in TNG.

But I digress, back on topic: Both monitors look excellent.

This is a great item. I am a big Star Trek The Next Generation fan. Could you tell me where you go this item? Or maybe where I could find one to buy? I would appreciate that. I suppose you wouldn't ever be willing to sell yours.

A member here offers ones he copied off of his screen-used one.

I think they go for $ 1500.00

This is a great item. I am a big Star Trek The Next Generation fan. Could you tell me where you go this item? Or maybe where I could find one to buy? I would appreciate that. I suppose you wouldn't ever be willing to sell yours.

These look amazing. I wonder if you (or anyone else in this thread with access to a screen-used original) might be willing to provide detailed dimensions for your desktop viewer(s). I'm looking to make templates in Illustrator for people wanting to scratch build their own replicas and would love to make them as accurate as possible.

ChrisPappas.com sells amazing replicas of these (better than the originals) for $2k, but unfortunately I can't quite swing that at the moment. =\

Thanks in advance! :)

I'd love to scratchbuild one of these one day as well. A few good measurements would be much appreciated from anyone with access.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back