TMNT Shredder for Halloween WIP

Knocked out the skirt to the degree I wanted it done. 89forever was right about needing to resize portions of the armor. I didn't bother with resizing the skirt and I ended up needing to hack it apart and add in a section in the middle. I added in some webbing and clips so it's easy to put on.

BWowK.jpg

I finished pepping the legs and they have their first coat of resin. Helmet, mask, and shoulders getting coats of rondo prior to painting.

VlEZh.jpg

The wife was planning to go as Wonder Woman for Halloween even bought the costume, then one of her friends called dibs so we scrapped that idea and now we're scrambling to make a She-ra costume. Knocking out the Sword

OXRuN.jpg

And the head piece.

zwFXt.jpg

While she knocks out the rest of the costume.

Started painting the pieces of my Shredder custume

pZUWB.jpg

And glassed the inside of my chest piece.

XSlor.jpg

And finished my helmet

WGKyB.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a little late to the party, but glad i caught this thread. Looks like a fantastic job in the works. Did you fiberglass the outside of your parts?

I'm a little late to the party, but glad i caught this thread. Looks like a fantastic job in the works. Did you fiberglass the outside of your parts?

Fiberglassed the inside, bondo/rondo on the outer parts. unfortunatly the german fiber glass mat I'm using is kinda tight woven, so I have some air pockets in places especially in the legs and torso.

SIabA.jpg

Something I threw together for my wife's halloween costume. I dream of one day having a real work shop with real tools.

mine were hollow card stock. i filled them with hot glue, heated it with a gun, and then attached them to the arched board that is in the build and put a bead of glue all the way around the edge. i filled the underside of the arch and then added 2" velcro.

For Shredders claws, did you just glue the wood straight to your glove? I'm trying to make the claws and can't figure how I will attach it.

I used some dense balsa wood, cut and sanded to shape, then used Locktite epoxy to glue them to the eva foam I used for the hand plate. After I painted them I attached the eva foam to the gloves with hot glue.

98vYd.jpg

Mostly done except for painting. Did a test fitting, my helmet is resting on top of the shoulders so I need to figure out how to move them farther out. I put some industrial strength velcro on the chest and shoulders and it holds really well. I need to cut out some more of the chest so the bottom of the mask doesn't catch. Right now it's getting pushed up onto my face.

Last edited:
Need to finish attaching my straps and buckles in my shin guards, cut out six more blades for the shins, and reinforce the strapping on all my armor pieces. I'll probably resin/fiberglass in some extra suppport as one of the chest straps ripped out :/

Where did you find your resin over there in Germany?

Suit is looking real good too. Still excited to see it all painted up.

Where did you find your resin over there in Germany?

Suit is looking real good too. Still excited to see it all painted up.

Local hardware store called Toom. There's another one called Praktiker (sp?) that also has resin and body filler. I guess because of their laws German resin/body filler uses Dibenzoyl Peroxide as a catalyst instead of MEK. Yesterday I found a store that sells 3mm craft foam, at least think it is so that's good to know for future projects.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back