TM/Troopermaster has recast CFO

I would be for reading the message that trooper master sent directly instead of your version of his message sskunky. I'm completely disgusted by the situation and by that explanation he is giving but I would like to read by myself to make sure of my opinion if possible. It just seems weird to just read your version of what he said for something as important as this situation.
this is really sad for you sskunky, and for the community as well; I always loved what trooper master was showing and I'm quite gutted now.

I would be for reading the message that trooper master sent directly instead of your version of his message sskunky. I'm completely disgusted by the situation and by that explanation he is giving but I would like to read by myself to make sure of my opinion if possible. It just seems weird to just read your version of what he said for something as important as this situation.
this is really sad for you sskunky, and for the community as well; I always loved what trooper master was showing and I'm quite gutted now.

I am happy to post it. But posting PMs is usually frowned upon.

I’m very transparent in my business practices. You have to be honest and trustworthy in this game or it will be your downfall.

Not to stir up more drama, but I remember reading some old threads back on whitearmor where he was called out for recasting TE derived trooper helmets a while back.

Whoever made that accusation was brought with major backlash (Was it Gino? Dont remember honestly). Then it was brought up again when both stunt and hero helmets suddenly had an update, but the TM fan train continued. Now that you brought some clear evidence to light are people only just realising how long he has been doing this for? that kinda sucks.

Honestly though, some good came out of this, you finally shed light on an age-old question of whether he's just a really good sculptor or a recaster. Albeit at a lost.

I guess now everyone knows you're our goto guy.

I am happy to post it. But posting PMs is usually frowned upon.

I’m very transparent in my business practices. You have to be honest and trustworthy in this game or it will be your downfall.
I take you at your word so I don't need to see them but, even if no such explanation was given by him, I don't really see what different it makes to the overall situation. It's really just another nail in an already sealed coffin.

With the proliferation of Facebook groups this probably won't be as damaging to him as once it might have been because, per that old Tested video on recasting; "I want an Iron man helmet".

I find harbouring a grudge over something so trivial for so long to be both hilarious and pathetic. I pity him.

The "grudge" is an excuse to divert attention to the fact 90% of the stormtrooper items he has "sculpted" are infact recasts of others work or licenced pieces. Parts of his ROTJ armour derive from the rubies supreme suit (shoulders, hands and perhaps some arm components).

Months ago it was realised the 'new' version of his ANH helmet sculpt is infact a recast of the Anon helmet. The tells and defects are all there. He currently offers two ANH versions and mixes/matches the two. The other being an RS recast. The new ANH armour also deriving from RS.

It's pretty obvious how this guy works considering the timeline in which his new 'sculpts' appear. It's like clockwork with whatever new stormtrooper item that comes along.. TE, SFS, Rubies, CFO, Anon. It's not a coincidence.

oh man, this is so disapointing, I loved his work, and it's crazy to see all of that coming to the surface suddenly... so disapointing. What a crazy word we leave in with crazy greedy people...

Wow, I'm speechless and sad.

This is a shocking turn of events. One thing I was always taught from a youngster is that you should also give your side of the story in a matter like this. The lack of online response clearly shows guilt.

CFO, keep going bud. You still have the best ROTJ gear going.

Lee

This is soo disgusting. I don't personally know you Mark but I know everything about your props through the hobby. I know how much effort you've put into getting the stuff you have legitimately and the origins of your moulds. It truly sucks that this has happened and I feel for you. You seem like a fantastic guy and I hope it doesn't bring too much stress on you. Keep fighting the good fight as people like me know and appreciate what you bring to the hobby. If I had more disposable income I'd be on your doorstep for all your replicas as they are top notch. ;)

Ben

I haven’t been on this forum for some time years actually but today I got a catch up email thing in my box so I had a quick look.
What a terrible story to read this is. I feel very sad for Mark and anyone who has been duped in any way by this blatant rip off merchant. As for the hard work debate I can’t imagine what’s required to acquire an original piece some 40 years down the line never mind the rights to legally cast from it. Hard work just about covers the days weeks and months Mark put in getting to know this piece as he says inside and out. As ever treat others as you would like to be yourself but sadly where there is £ to be made that seems to go out the window. I’m sure only good will come of this for you Mark and only diminish this clowns standing. Best of luck I’m going to check out your stuff now. Cheers

I read about this on whitearmour gutted for you Mark
He got what he deserved and I hope people stay away from his stuff

ive always believed your stuff is the best out there and when I have a healthy bank balance and the wife stops spending it on house renovations I will be purchasing 2 of my all time favourites from you
Keep up the great work my friend

Indeed RS has mentioned very recently (without specifying who, although it is pretty obvious) in one of their videos that molds have been updated when they come out with their products.

If you ask me his ANH helmet and armor just looks like a cleaned up casting. It is too close to be something sculpted from scratch.

Of course this is just my opinion and I may be wrong about his ANH, but considering the facts that have come to light with Marks ROTJ parts, I would not doubt he has done it before.
So HE is the reason I can’t buy an HDPE stormtrooper or X Wing helmet kit...

So HE is the reason I can’t buy an HDPE stormtrooper or X Wing helmet kit...
He and many others. Unfortunately the hobby is full of them. Gone are the good old days. The rarest stuff just doesn't get shared much anymore. People don't realise how much a "quick buck" damages the hobby. They probably don't care though. :(

Ben

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back