TM ESB VADER Project

So here she is finally some proper photos
I took out all the details on the mask that should not be shown

so here you are guys the finished TM JRX ESB MASK

hopefully it does ESB justice

I gave my best to replicate the prop Mask to the best of my abilities

_DSC3461.jpg

_DSC3462.jpg

Looks good! I also have a TM waiting for paint....just trying to find some good accurate lenses for it.

-david
Thanks man much appreciated I make my lenses myself it's not so hard
I use 1mm acrylic and a round object like a fluted salt and pepper shaker or in my case
as spoon or a fluted marmite jar lol

so if you have the resolve you could easily make your own

but you could try asking Mike Warren on Facebook if he can perhaps help you out

I reached out to Mike awhile back, he said he could make me a set, he had to order the right color acryilc from England. Not sure where he is with that however.
Could always dye the lenses with RIT synthetic dye I do that and it comes out great. Colours can easily be mixed to get the right shade of amber/brown or whatever the lens colour was

Mine is to my eye the correct Amber brown tint and I dyed them myself mixing yellow and brown

So there is another way [emoji16]

Almost finished busy with the dome now

Tried out the dome mount it's not finished yet think it needs to come down abit On Vaders left and a bit more down in the back

What would you guys say

But man it looks like the screen used ESB helmet in my hands

Everything is perfect dome and mask I'm so happy
DSC_0059.JPG

Tried out the dome mount it's not finished yet think it needs to come down abit On Vaders left and a bit more down in the back
Now that you mention it. It is tricky to get that part right. From the pic, I'd say the whole back of the dome needs to go down a few millimeters.
Here is a ref pic of how I aligned my Warren dome, hope it helps.

You're almost there! Very happy for you, my friend.

IMG_7832 copy 2.JPG

So this is basically finished almost

Dome mounted I made the ring mount
And positioned it so it has that lobsided look to the dome it is a very slight thing the dome ring placement

I had to sand the ring uneven till to me it gave the perfect ESB look

Dome is painted on the inside just to prime and paint outside

Then It will be completed finally

But is he screaming ESB Vader straight of the set? Or just meh [emoji23] seems about right View attachment 1354045View attachment 1354046
DSC_0093.JPG

Can you sand the clear coat to get rid of the orange peel effect then polish again?
You can wet sand it and polish it again yes to make it clear as glass but be very careful not to sand through the clear and into the paint especially around edges

Use very fine wet sand paper
I use 2000 to 3000 grit for the clear
OR a cutting compunt that is a very fine grit

Have ruined edges if the grit is to high

But i would suggest a very fine compound polish by hand should be safest to get maximum shine

Also if you use 2K car paint and not off the shelf rattle cans you can safely use abit more coarse Sandpaper or compound that stuff cures rock hard and is more forgiving that spray can paints or clears

Your helmet screams "ESB accuracy" so hard, that my ears are still ringing! Amazing work, right down to the orange peel (y)(y)(y)
Lol thank you my friend can't wait to do a authentic ANH hopefully I can get that too look like the ugly beast the ANH was.

Well the ESB isn't fully done so your ears might ring some more once it's fully finished lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back