Time for a new costume- Captain America

Iceburgh

Well after doing my Arrow costume, thanks for the help, I'm now jumping into the Marvel world (and not Spandex costumes)

Debating about TFA or AOU version, more than likely the AOU version. I've read on the boards that Cosplaysky gives a decent base to work from. Would have to replace the leather items, Star on costume, mask/helmet, boots, and Shield. Anything else I'm missing?
I did find this version on EBay that looks a bit better then Cosplaysky. Star looks better and some better details in the suit. Thoughts? Anyone deal with this company?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/27185280722...49&var=570688189621&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Thanks for any help you can provide or who is doing the costume. Feel free to PM me. Think I found links on the helmet in the runs section, couldn't find the leather straps, or Shield.
Wife is going American Beauty for the winning combo.
As always thanks.

The link you posted is the same suit as the Cosplaysky one. I just got my suit in the mail today so I can comment on some of this. I don't think the chest star needs to be replaced, and the gaiters that come with the suit are fine IMO, plus I've yet to see anyone offer the AoU gaiters for sale on this forum. For the leather harness and belt, kingsley had a run for the TWS version of these a while back, but it sounds like he's backed up right now with convention season coming up so who knows when you can get a set from him. The gloves definitely need to be replaced or heavily modified, but like the gaiters I haven't seen anyone offer the AoU gloves for sale.

Thanks third3ye. I wondered that myself if it truly was the same as cosplaysky was selling or not. I couldn't quite tell if the detail was there in the white part of the arm, but after looking at it again, yeah it is defiantly the same one.
Those gaiters have to go, so do those gloves. I found a few more links on the leather harness and belt. Found shield runs and helmets.
How do you feel about the fit and build of the costume? The last outfit I got from them the jacket was too short, a common problem I hear from people ordering from them.

The link you posted is the same suit as the Cosplaysky one. I just got my suit in the mail today so I can comment on some of this. I don't think the chest star needs to be replaced, and the gaiters that come with the suit are fine IMO, plus I've yet to see anyone offer the AoU gaiters for sale on this forum. For the leather harness and belt, kingsley had a run for the TWS version of these a while back, but it sounds like he's backed up right now with convention season coming up so who knows when you can get a set from him. The gloves definitely need to be replaced or heavily modified, but like the gaiters I haven't seen anyone offer the AoU gloves for sale.

Yeah - we're back up with 12 gaiters and 11 sets. Just got going on them this week and stuff will start moving out soon.

How do you feel about the fit and build of the costume? The last outfit I got from them the jacket was too short, a common problem I hear from people ordering from them.

My first impressions of the suit and another RPF member's are on this thread: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=238157

Overall I think the fit is pretty good, definitely a better experience than other members with the TWS stealth suit. I noticed a lot of the people who complained about the sizing were custom measurement orders, while mine was a standard size, could be why there were less surprises with mine. I actually think they made the front of the AoU jacket too long relative to the belt placement, so I'll be shortening the front of my jacket a couple inches, but the rest of the jacket length is ok.

Thank you all that have given me advice and info, and prop info for my costume. Have ordered the Shield and Harness/belt, and just bought the costume in Size Large. 5'10.5" 184 lbs and 36 waist, 40 chest.
Sourcing out the boots, think I got a solid lead on a pair.
Still trying to figure out if I have enough funds for the helmet, or wait for C2E2 for that. Plus the metal pieces for the arms and the 'A' shoulder pieces.
Think that's everything on the shopping list. LOL Can't think of anything else, other then the gloves.
Now I await for the goodies to arrive.
VinXero, my thought also.

Well that was quick! Just found out my costume shipped yesterday. Though I asked for leg straps, thinking I didn't get them. Not like my seamstress can't add them on.

Got my costume yesterday. Pants fit perfectly. Granted I asked for foot straps and they didn't provide. The jacket, size Large, is a bit snug. Arm mobility is pretty limited, and sleeves look a little short. Cosplaysky emailed me back and would offer me the jacket in XL by itself. I sent them a pic and they think fit is right on. No room to pad the shoulders if I wanted to.
Thoughts?
How are others fitting? Capt.jpg
And sorry about my expression, just got done running. LOL

Nothing new to report here. Brought my costume to my seamstress. After the fitting she didn't see anything wrong with the shoulders but could see the arms were a bit tight. So she's going to open the arms up and try to extend the sleeves also. There isn't much fabric for her to play with for adjusting the shoulders. Also adding foot straps and elastic to the pants to make them a bit more secure. Said it will take a week.
Waiting for my boots, leather pieces and shield to come to their new home. After that acquire a helmet for C2.

Magnums came in from Germany over the weekend. (Excited) Had to buy a new jacket for the current Large one I ordered didn't fit and the modifications my seamstress did, didn't help in the fitting of it. Going with an XL jacket. (fingers crossed)

Got my replacement jacket. Here's the size up I got. I can defiantly move more. I'll have to tuck the jacket in for now, then after the weekend con get it shortened, and then the button 'harness'. The sleeve length is a tad longer but easily covered up, will add thumb loops to it. I could make the chest tighter, but with me working out a lot, might be a good thing.
Going to debut the costume this weekend. Belt/Harness got tied up in shipping, so will be using the Cosplaysky one for the weekend. Then roll out upgrades and helmet come C2.
newjacket.jpg

Here's the almost finished product, minus the Good belt and harness I just received, helmet, and better gloves.
ArtFunk's shield blocks the 'stock' harness and belt from these pics. LOL
20150822_142918_resized.jpg2015082295160507_resized.jpg2015082295163644_resized.jpg2015082295165750_resized.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back