Tim Burtons to take on Sleeping Beauty?

To be fair, we have no idea (well, to a degree... We all have bosses, so we can IMAGINE) what a director, even a famous one like Burton, have to to deal with producers and the like... I'm sure these days we are lucky if we could see a decent movie and be happy with it, probably the original script could have been brilliant and mindblowing, but every producer that put his own hands on a screenplay and ask for changes will make it a different movie...
My GF is reading "Burton on Burton" a sort of personal byography of Tim Burton written by Tim itself, and there are a lot of interesting "behind the scenes" on it about some of his movies and how it works...
Of course you could like his style or not, but like I said on another thread on the subject... If you are comfortable working with your friends and people you can trust, why not try to work with them every time you have the chance to?
If you know that they will be able to deliver what you are trying to express, why not calling always those people?
Why bang on the duo Depp-Bonham Carter?
I mean, he used his ex girlfriend Lisa Marie a lot (Mars attacks, Ed Wood, Sleepy Hollow, POTA...) but this seems to not bother anyone... Or what about Jeffrey Jones, Christopher Walken, Christopher Lee, Michael Gough, Martin Landau or Alan Rickman...

By the way I consider these movies, not exactly remakes, well, not "per se"... Alice was a a retelling and also a "sequel" (also a little too fond of the "Disney" animated version of the story instead of the books version to my taste...) And the real version of these "fairytales" are WAAAY different of what Disney did with its animated counterparts... Sleeping Beauty on one of the first draft of the story it was a rape story, so... Cinderella as a revenge, killed her sisters and let the mother eat them (a la "Sweeney Todd" so to speak...:lol) and then she told her what she just did and her mother died of shock... A little too dark for kids, don't you think?:D

Ramiel, you make me want to dig out my unexpurgated fairytale collection. They were all pretty gruesome stories. Nothing like dancing in red hot iron shoes until you die from exhaustion.

A director doesnt hold the camera btw,

Yes, they do. Not all the time, but they do.

And someone needs to tell Burton "NO".

His movies lost their charm a long time ago. Same actors, same style, same music. It's redundant and embarrassing.

I'd like to see a dark American McGee-meets-MacFarlane version of Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, or Alice. (y)thumbsup

Fairy tales were originally dark, and nothing like the Disney versions.

Snow white... Always a classic!:D

Yeah, let's skip Sleeping Beauty and go straight for Snow White. Johnny Depp could play all of the dwarves thanks to the magic of CGI and green screen! Think Willy Wonka remake but this time on an Oscar Award Winning level! Instant hit!

:rolleyes

It is great seeing Tim Burton coming back full circle considering he was an animation assistant (who apparently did strange things there many years ago) back in the days when he worked up in the Burbank Studios.

I have a feeling Mr. Depp would be better cast as the Magic Mirror On The Wall.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back