Tiger & Bunny Suit (armored ver. WIP)

can't wait to see that suit finished looks great!!!! about those files wich program opens tga files? coul be great if someone convert them in pdo

It's a 3D file. It can be opened with this "PMD FILE EDITOR" Showmo456 on deviantART
I'm trying to convert into 3dmax extension, or google sketchup extension, with without results...
If you open with the attached software, can see that's a very great model!!

Looking forward for a pep model for those armor parts! :)

Just finished putting together the CO2 vapor system for my jetpack. Pics will come shortly once I've put it through a test run of dry ice!

just testing to see if it works this time
DSC02744-1 by Blarg.props, on Flickr/

Hi! Your foam armor looks wonderful so far. If you don't mind me asking, I was wondering what you are going to do from here. I'm also planning to make Bunny's hero suit and since I am new to armor in general, I am just researching, researching, and researching right now. Anyway, I was planning on making the chest armor out of the same type of foam that you did, but I have been stumped on what to do about the neck area. I see that you attached a separate neck/collar piece. Are you going to cover the foam with anything, or are you just planning to seal it and paint it? I've been trying to figure out how I could cover the seam at the neck. I guess I could do something like paper mache the whole piece and cover it with paperclay or something, but I wondered if there was a more efficient method. I wanted to ask you and see if you have worked that part out yet because I really don't know what to do! I thought about vacuum forming plastic over it, but if I used the foam as a mold, wouldn't the hot plastic melt the foam? D: But that seems like the only way to get plastic to take on that curved shape. Gah. Sorry, I hope you don't mind me asking! I've been trying to figure this out for a while and it's driving me crazy, haha.

...But hi everyone! I stumbled upon this place while searching the web for references. Can't wait to see more of everyone's progress! This is getting me so pumped to get started.

Well good news is I converted the Bunny model with the big foot to a workable format so you should be able to use this for papercraft.

If ANYONE has a Tiger suit please post so I can try converting that as well. :D

bunny_foot.obj

While trying to figure out the mechanics for Bunny's helmet, I finally found a clip that clearly shows what the heck is going on in the back when he raises his visor. It does a lot more than I thought! I thought the top part was all that moved, but the entire back kind of folds down too. I ghetto-screencapped the part from Hulu (lol) and made it into a gif for easy reference. I think this could be helpful for other Barnaby suit makers!

helmetflipanimation.gif

And then, I had this other gif on hand that shows what the front looks like too, also very helpful, so I'll post it too:

bunnyhelmetflip.gif

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back