THUNDERBIRD 2

GEEK1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys, so I have wanted to build this beautiful ship for years, and now, with the departure of the Mando starfighter I have some room in my workshop, so it feels like the time to do it.
It is 3 x studio scale, from Gambody model files, which I have to say are first rate, and I will paint and weather it like the ship in the 'Terror in New York' episode where it is fired on and damaged by the US Navy who mistake it for a UFO
Of course I will put the best vehicle inside it, the Mole, and maybe do some animatronics...not sure yet
Here's what I got so far;

tYQ3XxSl.jpg
50qG0D8l.jpg
DjgGML2l.jpg

So here's my problem...what colour is TB2...on a Thunderbirds forum a member stated emphatically that it was Pantone 363 and there doesn't seem to be much more information or a consensus of what is right. But, this is Pantone 363 and it don't look like the Thunderbird 2 I remember from the tele of my childhood. Any helpful ideas?

GTJZ7fEl.jpg

Thanks for the input guys...some beautiful work there...hopefully mine will look as good

So I have used an online colour matching service and referenced the iconic ramp launch as my pic colour to clone. Hope to have the paint soon and get this puppy painted and weathered

Did you make any progress on the paint?

The colour of TB2 is one of those famously difficult things to nail (only marginally less difficult than the shape of the nose, which is almost never right) because, as has been noted, it changed quite often and the colour we know from the show is not the colour as seen on the real model.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back