Thunder Hammer (name changed to protect the innocent)

Eaglewood

Sr Member
Ok--here is the next project that I have been working on. Due to some "Imperial Entanglements LOL" I cant really name this something else- so thus the Thunder Hammer

Solid Aluminum!!!

Here ya go
P1010915.jpg

P1010914.jpg

P1010913.jpg

P1010912.jpg

P1010911.jpg

Last edited:
We are going to be finishing up the handle soon and then maybe starting an interest list in the JY-- will see how it turns out first!

Wow, so Disney owns the rights to the names of the Norse pantheon and their weapons now? Who knew!

Has anyone asked a Dane or Swede how they feel about this?

I guess we'd all better stop making Ark of the Covenant replicas, or Grails, etc.

It not that, it's the fact the mace and it's wielder was created by an artist working for a certain comicbook company ( which I won't name so as to go with the care being taken in NOT naming this weapon). If they were public domain, the Disney can rant all they want and nothing could be said. Sux, I know.

Yes yes, I know about the comic character; I'm saying that they can't possibly have any ownership rights over the names, only the distinctive likenesses. The actual thunder god and his weapon are as public domain as it gets. I guess you're right; if the likeness matches then it amounts to the same thing.

Jebus, you lot will eventually copyright all our genomes, our homes and our first-born children. :p

PS - in my cantankerousness over the Mouse and their machinations, I neglected to say "Eaglewood, your work is excellent". So, Eaglewood, your work is excellent!!!

Yes yes, I know about the comic character; I'm saying that they can't possibly have any ownership rights over the names, only the distinctive likenesses. The actual thunder god and his weapon are as public domain as it gets. I guess you're right; if the likeness matches then it amounts to the same thing.

Jebus, you lot will eventually copyright all our genomes, our homes and our first-born children. :p
Just to clarify, the weapon Eaglewood has created and the character that wielded it isn't a character out of Norse mythology, and not Thor. I feel I can say "Thor" here, because that name is allowed for public use and isn't the character referred to here (although, let me know if I'm wrong and I'll edit the name out of my post). The weapon created by Eaglewood appears to be based on that of a different character, and that character is a creation of said comic company. So the use of the name and design of the weapon and the character associated with it do belong to that company.
No offense intended or anything. As I said before, I just wanted to clarify to issue for anyone else.

AHA. OK - showing my superhero ignorance here then - sorry for the static and thanks for the clarification. If that's correct then it makes perfect sense.

Sorry Dis..coughchoke...Sorry, Disn...gag...nope, can't say it. Well I tried. :lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back