Threads in OT showing replies, no views.

Has this happened before for you? It isn't replicating on my end now but I think I've seen it before.

If you happen to notice it again please watch to see if it is the same threads repeatedly or if it varies and if it always seems to be around noon and I'll do the same and poke around a bit in the code.

<div class='quotetop'>(NEKROFANATIC @ Jun 27 2006, 11:07 PM) [snapback]1269686[/snapback]</div>
Still happening right now on both the OT and prop forums...
[/b]

Ok, I saw this on IE on my work console earlier today but still nothing on IE here...

DrS Nekrofanatic, what browsers are you using?

First of all this is not a bug, error or glitch it's simply an option turned off...

It has nothing to do with browser type as the page is created dynamically server side and the browser only spits up what the server creates...

In the Invision Board script Admin Control Panel look under "CPU Saving & Optimization" one of the options under this is "Update Topic Views Immediately" just a wild guess but this feature is turned "OFF" :confused Turn it "ON" ;) and presto view counts are now real time... But, CPU load should be monitored for a short time if this is turned on to make sure you are not overloading the CPU... I suspect with the relatively small size of this forum it shouldn't be a problem to enable...

With this feature turned "OFF" then the Invision board script caches all the view counts in a seperate database and only updates the main boards post view count by default every 6 hours (this can be changed in the script) this huge delay drastically reducing CPU usage...

Hey, you were right, Flynn. :)

I've made the change, and we'll see how the board behaves over the next day or so. I think this setting must have reverted back to a default when we had our "downgrade" upgrade.

Thanks.

<div class='quotetop'>(rocketeer25 @ Jul 4 2006, 02:00 PM) [snapback]1274038[/snapback]</div>
I've made the change, and we'll see how the board behaves over the next day or so. I think this setting must have reverted back to a default when we had our "downgrade" upgrade.
[/b]

You should do a board recount from the Admin control panel now that you turned it on just to make sure everything is in order and up to date...

Wait, wait. That was purposefully turned off due to the server issues we've had. And I forget what exactly, but a recount will screw something up... it's nothing drastic, but it can't be an "across the board" recount.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back